2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I have no problem with LeBron doing it.

LeBron thinks hes the MVP, hes proving it on the court and hes showing the media that the title means nothing.

He needs to grow up. I couldn't imagine Derrick being so petty if the roles were reversed in this situation.

Also:

Quote.jpg

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
You can't obviously just hand the Heat the next 5 titles. I think what Balta means, and I've said this many times, that no team is set up better to, well, flat dominate for the next 5 years than the Heat are. They're a win away from the finals and they've been together for like 5 minutes. Everybody talked about how bad their supporting cast was. And again, a win away from the finals. I don't mean to sound repetitive (and I admit I have a nasty habit with that), but superstars win out in the NBA. The Bulls had Jordan. He took a break and the Rockets had Hakeem. Shaq, Kobe and Duncan have collected like every ring since 2000. Now it's the Heat.

I didn´t realize the Heat already beat the Mavericks in these Finals, I guess I could just skip them, thanks!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
You cant compare Lebron and Rose because they have completely different personalities.

Lebron is like Jordan, and to Lebron the media picking Rose as MVP is disrespectful to Lebron.

The point starts out so well, and then it doesn't. LeBron is absolutely nothing like Jordan in personality or how he handles the media and infers in his comments.

Why does everything have to be f***ing Jordan!?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Quick question:

I have been saving the Bulls highlights from each playoff game into my computer. the plan was to create a tribute video if the made it to the finals, or won the championship. If the Bulls fail to make the finals, should I still make the video?

No because no team other than the Heat will win every Finals for the foreseeable future.

Your right Steve, at Jordan's HOF speech he didnt attack a bunch of guys like Byron Russell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209

Oh wait, he did.

Sorry the reason I used Jordan because in this very specific instance, it was an apt comparison.

Lebron, like Jordan, can be petty about perceived insults, and there is evidence to support this.

So not everything has to be Jordan, just this time, it made a ton of sense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
The point starts out so well, and then it doesn't. LeBron is absolutely nothing like Jordan in personality or how he handles the media and infers in his comments.

Why does everything have to be f***ing Jordan!?

Lebron's more of the oblivious, spoiled douche whereas Jordan was really just an asshole.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Your right Steve, at Jordan's HOF speech he didnt attack a bunch of guys like Byron Russell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209

Oh wait, he did.

Sorry the reason I used Jordan because in this very specific instance, it was an apt comparison.

Lebron, like Jordan, can be petty about perceived insults, and there is evidence to support this.

So not everything has to be Jordan, just this time, it made a ton of sense.

I didn't say Jordan wasn't a prick, that's well-documented. The world has had many f***ing pricks and so has the NBA. I am so sick of everyone comparing Rose to Jordan or LeBron to Jordan. Chicago needs to move on.

I haven't read this thread lately so sorry if this thought was already posted.

Am I the only one who thought it was humorous when lebron was shouting "don't call no foul, I don't want no foul" because he whines every single damn time something doesn't go his way? Or is it funny because what he really said with double negatives is "call a foul, I want a foul".

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Shaq was on the Heat when they won it in 2006.

owned.

Still, if anything, the better comparison would be The Lakers, since they won it 6 times in 10 years, not three players who won with three different teams.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
I haven't read this thread lately so sorry if this thought was already posted.

Am I the only one who thought it was humorous when lebron was shouting "don't call no foul, I don't want no foul" because he whines every single damn time something doesn't go his way? Or is it funny because what he really said with double negatives is "call a foul, I want a foul".

Guarantee if they're down 10 at that point he's crying.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Well Steve the original poster compared him to Rose and I merely pointed out that Lebron is more like Jordan than Rose (in personality).

Not sure how this is such a shocking development considering that Lebron wants to be MJ.

Comparing any superstar to Rose is a bad comparison because he's a huge anomaly.