2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
I've been a crazy optimistic sports fan my entire life. But the NBA doesn't stand a chance the next 5 years, they made and will most likely win the NBA finals in their first season and they are only going to get better. A Howard-Rose or Howard-Kobe connection are the only thing that might be able to stop it and the second one of those for only a few more years if that.

Edit: This post may or may not be blinded by sheer devastation right now. I'll let you know tomorrow.

It's pretty spot-on, though the Bulls could have and should have won the last two. They choked.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
b****ing aside, I'm depressed but I feel the Bulls will make some sort of move to acquire a shooting guard and will be even better next year. At least, I sure as hell hope so.

From what I've heard about Derrick's work ethic, he will be even more dangerous next year. Expect him to be a much better mid range shooter with a post up game.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 27, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
I don't really follow other NBA teams. Does Dallas have any nasty players? I think you need to get hard with James and Wade. I'm not talking Boozers stupid flagrant fouls at the worst time of the game. Although, I think both calls were borderline. Last night James was holding the ball right in front of his face on that drive. Boozer wasn't trying to hit him in the face, he has 2 flag fouls in his entire career. I think it was just typical piss poor defense and he missed the ball and hit James in the mouf. Boozer is an absolute waste of money and his lazy ass contributes nothing to this team. Players like him, at least in this stage of his career, are a dime a dozen.

Anyway, someone on Dallas needs to take hard fouls early and often. If you're going to foul a dude, make it count. I have no doubt James will get out of his game if he's played like that. He did whatever he wanted against the Bulls, because they are a finesse team. Almost every foul the Bulls committed was ticky tack crap. They needed to find their inner Pistons circa 89. IMO that's how you beat this Heat team. We'll see if Dallas is up for the task.

It wasnt how the Heat were defended at all during this series, the Bulls actually played them quite well, it was the Bull not being able to score at will on the Heat, especially at the end of games. Dirk will help quite a bit with that, its just the Mavs arent as good defensively as the Bulls.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
It seems like nobody is giving Dallas a chance. I don't get that. They have a better offensive supporting cast than we do and play good enough defense. I think it will be a fun series.

Miami just beat the best team they will face in 5 games. Dallas stands zero chance.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
It's a lot worse for me. This is the most devastated I can ever remember feeling about a sports team.

I agree. The way they went out... chumps. This was one of my favorite sports teams of all-time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)
From what I've heard about Derrick's work ethic, he will be even more dangerous next year. Expect him to be a much better mid range shooter with a post up game.

I don't doubt that at all. He's 22, he'll get better and that is f***ing scary. But, though he does play good defense and came up with some timely 3 point shooting, the Bulls have got to have a Bogans upgrade.

Like I said last night, I got Dallas in 6.

Miami's offense looked brutal and their defense was made a lot better by the Bulls fundamental shooting problem.

Dallas can shoot and I really see no reason to believe that Miami is going to play a drastically different style of offense against Dallas. Dallas will watch the Bulls tape and may even go into zone to further force Miami to shoot jump shots.

There is significantly less margin of error for Dallas though, if Dirk is cold they really will be in trouble. But right now Dirk may be playing the best basketball of his career, so im going to go with the hot hand from Germany.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Like I said last night, I got Dallas in 6.

Miami's offense looked brutal and their defense was made a lot better by the Bulls fundamental shooting problem.

Dallas can shoot and I really see no reason to believe that Miami is going to play a drastically different style of offense against Dallas. Dallas will watch the Bulls tape and may even go into zone to further force Miami to shoot jump shots.

There is significantly less margin of error for Dallas though, if Dirk is cold they really will be in trouble. But right now Dirk may be playing the best basketball of his career, so im going to go with the hot hand from Germany.

Agree with this fully.

Edited by JoeBatterz

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 27, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't doubt that at all. He's 22, he'll get better and that is f***ing scary. But, though he does play good defense and came up with some timely 3 point shooting, the Bulls have got to have a Bogans upgrade.

Exactly. Get Derrick Rose an actual threat at the 2 guard spot, and he's not going to play nearly as bad as he did in this series. Rose playing poorly isn't just excuseable, and his horrible play during winning time in this series aren't either. But the fact is that as much as Miami deserves credit for stopping him, Derrick Rose with more experience and an actual shooting guard won't play like that against them in the future. A lot of fans were fooled into thinking the Bulls lack of scoring could be overcome all the way to a title because of their awesome regular season, but that's just not how it works.

As for the NBA Finals, I'll say Miami wins. Dallas is so Dirk-based, and LeBron is better than him anyways. After that, I also doubt Wade continues to play poorly. But whatever, I won't even watch the series. I will say that if Miami wins, it will be bad for the league IMO. One of the main reasons the Heat have got so much attention this year is everybody hating them, and hoping LeBron doesn't get the ring he tried to just grab the easy way by going to Miami. If the Heat win, I really think it's going to turn a lot of people away from the NBA, and turn a lot of the people who hate them and watch games because of it apathetic and in another direction away from the league. Plus, since there is a very real chance the 2011-2012 NBA Thread will have no actual games discussed in it due to the lockout, that won't help the leagues cause either.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
I know he loves the Mavs. I go back & forth about it. Sometimes I enjoy his entusiasm, but sometimes I think he needs to back the f*** up and let his team play, it may hurt more than help. Either way, I'm rooting like hell for Dirk right now!

Mark Cuban is what I would be if I were super rich and owned a sports team. I love the guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Mark Cuban is what I would be if I were super rich and owned a sports team. I love the guy.

Yup, me too. I would probably be worse, I would want to make alot of moves for the team myself and tamper the s*** out of them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 27, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
Chicago Gets: Iguodala, Howard

Phoenix Gets: Brewer, Boozer, $3M (Bulls)

Magic Get: Asik, Gibson, Songalia, Watson, Lucas, Pargo, Bobcats Pick, Both Bulls 1st Rounders, Second Rounder, $3M (Bulls)

Philly Gets: Carter, Redick, Second Rounder (Via Phoenix), $3M (Bulls), Future Bulls First, Future Second Rounder (Bulls)

Why Chicago: Team becomes Rose-Iguodala-Deng-Noah-Howard-Watson-Korver-Bogans. Resign Kurt and Rasual for the bench.. The starting five has two ball handlers, 3 guys who are OK to Good from 3pt, a rebounding monstrosity, a center with some post moves, and Noah to get clean up points/hit the Tornado. Also, that starting fives defense would be like the Bench Mob's on crack.

Why Phoenix: Get an athletic SG to put next to Nash and a PF not named Warrick for Nash to toy with if they feel like they can make one last run at the West. $3M for the pick.

Why Magic: Getting two, young, cheap defensive studs in Asik and Gibson, along with expiring contracts which clear up payroll (which Orlando desperately needs), 3 first rounders and a second rounder to help build again, and $3M to help with cap more.

Why Philly: Get a huge expiring in Carter, allow Turner to be the man in Philly with AI2 gone, get a shooter for Turner to use in Redick, a pick, $3M in cash, and of course picks.

Damnit GarPax, get this fantastical pipe dream done.

This was a rather long post for something that has about as much chance of happening as me starting at SG for the Bulls next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)

If i was mega rich like that i would walk around in pajamas everywhere i go, to all the fanciest clubs and restaurants and all that, and id be throwing tacos from a taco bell 12-pack everywhere making it rain.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 27, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
Kobe doesn't seem happy in L.A. He wasn't even consulted with in the Mike Brown acquisition. Any chance he could be traded to us?

None. It's the same thing as 2007, the Lakers will add pieces long before they move him.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
None. It's the same thing as 2007, the Lakers will add pieces long before they move him.

*sigh* I guess I can dream.

Maybe a miraculous trade gets worked out with Howard.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
If i was mega rich like that i would walk around in pajamas everywhere i go, to all the fanciest clubs and restaurants and all that, and id be throwing tacos from a taco bell 12-pack everywhere making it rain.

everyone should bring a taco bell 12 pack to a party. Its the cool thing to do

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
It's all well and good to talk about next year, but this labor situation will NOT be pretty and I am almost 100% sure we'll miss games next year.

Thanks Debbie Downer.