2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
They've already lost me, but I have been thinking of coming back and finding a new team to root for. But like you said, Miami winning would make it hard for me to do that.

I'm out until the pre season.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
I'll admit it, I turned the game off and watched something else and went to sleep. I gave up.

But what a great surprise in the morning.

You missed a doozy of a 4th quarter.

And it's great to know that we haven't even seen one of those games where Dirk hits everything in site. You know there's at least one of those coming.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Dwyane Wade has looked like a different player without Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer all over him.

But yeah, let's kill tons of cap space and bring back the fail that is Ben Gordon!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
But yeah, let's kill tons of cap space and bring back the fail that is Ben Gordon!

Seriously Steve...What Cap Space?

I assume you're dealing Noah and Rose for Expiring contracts sometime soon?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/02/bul...minor-upgrades/

CHICAGO (WSCR) Before the season started, the consensus was that the Chicago Bulls were a year or two away from seriously contending for an NBA Title.

But after losing in the conference finals, fans are excited to see what moves the organization makes in the offseason to help them improve on the 2011 season.

“Well what’s likely is that they’ll probably just have to do minor upgrades,” K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, said on the Danny Mac Show. “They don’t have any salary cap space. Let’s just assume, for purposes of discussion, that there isn’t going to be a lockout, so that we can just assume it’s going to be a normal offseason.

For the rest of this interview and other 670 The Score interviews click here.

“So if they went into July 1, I mean, they’re not going to have any salary cap money. Now, in the past, there’s been salary cap exceptions that have allowed people to sign players to mid-level exceptions and things. There is talk in the new CBA that those things are going to be eliminated.

“So they’re going to have to get creative and either, you know, just add pieces via the draft or make a trade. You know, I don’t think that Dwight Howard is going to be traded, and if he is, I’d be shocked if he’s traded within the conference…God bless them, but Bulls fans are like ‘oh yeah, we’ll just trade for Dwight Howard.’ But I think that’s a long-shot at best.”

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
Even with LeBron and Wade's stupidity, this one falls on Bosh yet again. The p**** is shooting 9-34 in the first two games so far. Would be great to see Spoelstra, Wade, or LeBron call him out in the media. But Bosh is too fragile mentally to handle it.

It's really too bad Boozer had to fire him up with that "Big Two" comment, or he probably wouldn't have been such a monster against us.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
They've already lost me, but I have been thinking of coming back and finding a new team to root for. But like you said, Miami winning would make it hard for me to do that.

I am completely and will continue to be completely obsessed with the NBA. I only hope the Bulls can add the secondary piece to Rose that is needed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
I really wish the NBA would adopt flopping/acting penalties to players like the NHL did.

An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Sounds kinda like what they quit enforcing as soon as Miami started complaining about every single call against them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)

If we traded the proposed players to get Ben Gordon, that in itself locks up cap space that can be spent on players who would actually help this team. I don't get your angle, so I'll just say "Ben Gordon suck" one last time and be done with it!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Sounds kinda like what they quit enforcing as soon as Miami started complaining about every single call against them.

Ha, yeah, the NBA sure didn't stick with that too long did they?

When Wade hit that 3 to go up 15 and starting showing up the Dallas bench, I shut off the TV. Later, I checked my phone just to see what the final margin was and it said Dallas was up 3, 26.0 left. I couldn't believe it, turned the TV on and caught the end. I wish I could have seen the whole comeback, it's good to know there is still hope. Go Mavs!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
If we traded the proposed players to get Ben Gordon, that in itself locks up cap space that can be spent on players who would actually help this team. I don't get your angle, so I'll just say "Ben Gordon suck" one last time and be done with it!

No, it doesn't.

The Bulls have 3 guys with $12 million+ contracts, and they need to extend Derrick Rose.

Under the current rules, there are ZERO situations in which the Bulls can have "salary cap space" to add players without trading away 2 of those players for expiring contracts. It is 100% impossible for the Bulls to have "Salary cap space" which can be spent on additional players. Doesn't matter who the Bulls trade for, unless they dump 2 of those 4 big salaries, they will be dealing entirely with trades and exemptions for the foreseeable future.

Under the Current rules, if the Bulls were to trade for Ben Gordon, they'd have exactly the same amount to spend in free agency that they had before the trade, because the only thing available to the Bulls would be the Mid-Level exemption and the Veterans exemptions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
No, it doesn't.

The Bulls have 3 guys with $12 million+ contracts, and they need to extend Derrick Rose.

Under the current rules, there are ZERO situations in which the Bulls can have "salary cap space" to add players without trading away 2 of those players for expiring contracts. It is 100% impossible for the Bulls to have "Salary cap space" which can be spent on additional players. Doesn't matter who the Bulls trade for, unless they dump 2 of those 4 big salaries, they will be dealing entirely with trades and exemptions for the foreseeable future.

Under the Current rules, if the Bulls were to trade for Ben Gordon, they'd have exactly the same amount to spend in free agency that they had before the trade, because the only thing available to the Bulls would be the Mid-Level exemption and the Veterans exemptions.

Your brain is broken. There are better players out there you could acquire, OR I'd rather have the players we'd need to trade to land Ben freaking Gordon. You are refusing to read or understand what I'm typing it seems, so I'm not going to bother anymore with you on this topic. I f***ing understand the salary cap. If Ben Gordon is on your roster making 11+ million, that is bad cap space being wasted.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Your brain is broken. There are better players out there you could acquire, OR I'd rather have the players we'd need to trade to land Ben freaking Gordon. You are refusing to read or understand what I'm typing it seems, so I'm not going to bother anymore with you on this topic. I f***ing understand the salary cap. If Ben Gordon is on your roster making 11+ million, that is bad cap space being wasted.

I stopped caring about efficient use of cap space last offseason. Wasted "Cap space" now is just money that JR has to pay over the luxury tax threshold.

If you hate "Wasted cap space" then you must have hated the Boozer deal as much as me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I stopped caring about efficient use of cap space last offseason. Wasted "Cap space" now is just money that JR has to pay over the luxury tax threshold.

If you hate "Wasted cap space" then you must have hated the Boozer deal as much as me.

When the Boozer deal went down, I got all "WOOO NOW LEBRON WILL COME WOO WE GOT A GUY", after that I went into a depression and blacked out. Then the greatness of Derrick Rose's next step was evident game 1 and I started to believe again.

Much was made about Dirk Nowitzki's torn tendon in his left middle finger coming into Game 2, but he almost came away with another injury following his post-game media session.

After addressing the media in an area that was squared off by black cloth, Nowitzki exited through the back and ran right into a steel pole with his head, letting out a loud, "Oh." He then addressed a swarm of German media members for about 10 minutes of more questions.

Oh.