2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
I get the Heat hate. But to stop watching the NBA if they win it all? lol. That's kinda babyish. I guess the 2011-2012 NBA Thread will be about 200 replies next year.

This has been one of the most entertaining seasons of NBA in 15 years and not just because of the Bulls. If people stop watching because the Heat win it all, that is sad.

I hope last nights choke is the game that stands out most when the series is said and done because they will have lost.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from work the Mavs won, but didn't see how memorable that win was. Very amazing comeback in the finals. And I really don't feel like typing the pros and mostly cons of getting Ben Gordon back (some posters covered half the cons already), so I'll just step away from that "discussion".

For the same-ish money, I'd rather have Kirk back over Ben Gordon on a player vs player basis. Again, the #8 pick is what that deal with Detroit would really be all about. Gordon would get his 20 to 24 minutes on most nights, but getting a two guard early in the draft would be the lynchpin.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
This has been one of the most entertaining seasons of NBA in 15 years and not just because of the Bulls. If people stop watching because the Heat win it all, that is sad.

I hope last nights choke is the game that stands out most when the series is said and done because they will have lost.

This

I hate the Heat and LBJ as much as the next guy (I really thought he was gonna be a Bull last summer), but I don´t get why people say they´ll stop watching if they win, they are not invincible, nor will they ever be, they ain´t the 86 Celtics.The Heat will probably win a ship or 2, really impossible to know how many but they will also lose these next few years and it´s gonna be fun watching the Bulls and Heat go at it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
I know Bosh hasn't played well in this series yet, but it seems like he deserves a little better than that after the series he had against the Bulls...

Especially since Wade played awful in that series and they only won due to the performances of LBJ (who was huge in the 4th against the Bulls) and Bosh (who was pretty damn consistent). Haslem also played a big role as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Especially since Wade played awful in that series and they only won due to the performances of LBJ (who was huge in the 4th against the Bulls) and Bosh (who was pretty damn consistent). Haslem also played a big role as well.

Simmons had a writer on a few weeks ago who talked about Bosh not being all that close with Lebron and Wade off the court. Those two like to party but Bosh likes to stay home, read, and go to different restaurants and is a lot more mellow. I gained a tad of respect for Bosh after hearing that.

I would never put Bosh in the same category as Wade and Lebron but it seems he joined those guys purely to win while Wade and Lebron got together to win, but also party and live a famous lifestyle.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)

Call me sad, I but i have zero interest in watching the Heat win it all. I'll be watching the Sox, and whatever is in my DVR instead. Basketball will start for me again when free agency opens.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
Call me sad, I but i have zero interest in watching the Heat win it all. I'll be watching the Sox, and whatever is in my DVR instead. Basketball will start for me again when free agency opens.

Hi, sad.

Donaghy is just trying to get attention. I really can't believe Van Gundy would intentionally say stuff in LeBron's favor let alone what Donaghy asserts is Van Gundy wagering on the NBA Final's games with inside info. This dude is such a idiot.

EDIT: Is this some sort of parody?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Donaghy is just trying to get attention. I really can't believe Van Gundy would intentionally saying stuff in LeBron's favor let alone what Donaghy asserts is Van Gundy wagering on the NBA Final's games with inside info. This dude is such a idiot.

Huh?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Donaghy is just trying to get attention. I really can't believe Van Gundy would intentionally say stuff in LeBron's favor let alone what Donaghy asserts is Van Gundy wagering on the NBA Final's games with inside info. This dude is such a idiot.

EDIT: Is this some sort of parody?

He's been doing this for a year or two now, and what I like is that he's not picking one team or another and crying foul, he's calling out officials for being s***ty at what they do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
He's been doing this for a year or two now, and what I like is that he's not picking one team or another and crying foul, he's calling out officials for being s***ty at what they do.

Yeah I don't mind that, what I mind is that he has the chutzpah to claim Van Gundy is betting on the series because he has inside info from the league office on who will win.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Yeah I don't mind that, what I mind is that he has the chutzpah to claim Van Gundy is betting on the series because he has inside info from the league office on who will win.

I think that was more promoting his website.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)

Yeah that was probably excessive.

BTW here is his write up about last nights game:

http://deadspin.com/5808379/tim-donaghy-on...ivity/gallery/1

Pretty subjective, and kinda gives you a background on how the refs work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
What was he trying to accomplish with that anyway? Sore losers flop and blame losses on things like "missed" calls. Is golf the only pure sport left?

Played today and all the holes were like little volcanos. Almost impossible to make a putt over 5 feet. I blame those for my 97.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Played today and all the holes were like little volcanos. Almost impossible to make a putt over 5 feet. I blame those for my 97.

Those f***ing Looney Tunes.