2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
No 8????

Lebron still the GOAT!!!

He's the GOAT in this series. But not like the greatest of all time, more like the goat as in the old definition of the blameworthy figure.

I'm not sure what more Miami could have done last night in regards to him. I agree he needs to get more shots and such since he's the best player in the series. But he was not engaged at all last night, just standing off to the side and passing the ball off when it came to him.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:05 AM)
Miami is gonna piss this series away if LeBron doesn't realize hes the best player on that floor and start acting like it.. jesus, 11 shots? Cmon man..

The problem is that he only made 3 of them. It was probably a good idea he stopped shooting. He was having an off-day.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
The problem is that he only made 3 of them. It was probably a good idea he stopped shooting. He was having an off-day.

The answer to that isn't "Stop shooting entirely"...it's "Get your tail into the lane and either force layups or create contact".

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)

Sportscenter just showed about 5-6 plays of LBJ completely standing still on offense in the 4th, he needs to at least move around and be a decoy. However, he played some quality defense.

The funniest thing was they showed his pregame speech and it sounded so unnatural, basically sounded like somebody gave him some talking points and he just kept repeating them.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
MJ's NBA Finals games: 36, 33, 29, 28, 30, 39, 39, 26, 32, 46, 33, 31, 42, 44, 55, 41, 33, 28, 29, 36, 23, 26, 22, 31, 38, 26, 22, 38, 38, 33, 37, 24, 34 ,28 and 45.

I nominate this for post of the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
# of Games as a Chicago Bull where Michael Jordan scored single digit points (9 or fewer):

I seem to remember that he only played like 20 minutes that game and it was a blowout, so Phil put him on the bench. My memory might be wrong though.

My memory was wrong. It a game against the Cavs in 1986. I wasnt even 3 years old, so clearly I dont remember it. lol

For the record: MJ scored in single digests 12 times with the Wiz.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
I seem to remember that he only played like 20 minutes that game and it was a blowout, so Phil put him on the bench. My memory might be wrong though.

My memory was wrong. It was his rookie year in a game against the Cavs. I wasnt even 3 years old, so clearly I dont remember it. lol

Technically 1986 was not his rookie year, that was one of the first games back from the injury that cost him most of 1985.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Technically 1986 was not his rookie year, that was one of the first games back from the injury that cost him most of 1985.

My mistake. I was looking at basketball-reference.com and the first year they have stats on him is 85-86. I didnt notice the year.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
Sportscenter just showed about 5-6 plays of LBJ completely standing still on offense in the 4th, he needs to at least move around and be a decoy. However, he played some quality defense.

The funniest thing was they showed his pregame speech and it sounded so unnatural, basically sounded like somebody gave him some talking points and he just kept repeating them.

He did nothing defensively down the stretch. He WATCHED Dirk score the last bucket from 3 feet away. Didn't move his feet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
The answer to that isn't "Stop shooting entirely"...it's "Get your tail into the lane and either force layups or create contact".

Bill Simmons:

As a basketball junkie, I will never totally forgive him for spending his first eight years in the NBA without ever learning a single post-up move. That weapon would make him immortal. He doesn't care. It's maddening.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Bill Simmons and Jeff Passan are the two best sports journalists on the planet.

And yet neither is in the same stratosphere as Joe Posnanski.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
How many times have I said that in this thread?

I know, and I said it as well a few weeks ago but backed off. I took the "LeBron doesn't work hard" route, which by all accounts really isn't true. But his lack of an inside game, given his physical size and athleticism, still seems inexplicable.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
I know, and I said it as well a few weeks ago but backed off. I took the "LeBron doesn't work hard" route, which by all accounts really isn't true. But his lack of an inside game, given his physical size and athleticism, still seems inexplicable.

He's bigger than Carlos boozer for crying out loud.