2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
But they have to play Korver's minutes and no more, because otherwise we're sacrificing defense.

Which is fine, the key being actually hitting a damn shot which Korver couldn't do. Same with Bogans, find someone who can D like bogans and shoot just slightly better and its the same deal.

And I personally think the Heat are F'd in the future anyhow. They have to pray the new CBA doesn't demolish them and that their captain Wade doesn't get hurt over the next 5 years (which I see as impossible)

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Yes, I actually do want 2006 Kobe.

The real issue is...how the Hell do you beat the Heat unless you can find that?

That's the real problem. A guy who could make us better in the regular season might well make us worse against the Heat.

That was the catch-22 that was built when the Heat put themselves together. They've got 3 of the best offense/defense players in the league surrounded by guys who can sub in and out for offense and defense. If they add some size this offseason...how do you beat it if you can't match it? We tried to outdefend Dwyane Wade and still lost. Do we think that we can actually outscore Dwyane Wade?

The Bulls were right there in Game 2, had a chance to win Game 4 with a buzzer beater in regulation, and had a monster lead in Game 5. One would think having Kevin Martin out there instead of Kyle Korver's absolute worst could have swung at least two of those. Your defeatist attitude that only MJ in his prime could help the Bulls beat the Heat is simply silly.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
The Mavericks don't have that and they're in decent shape to beat the Heat.

I have to agree with this. The Mavericks are hanging in there with Kidd, Terry and Barea combining for about 88 MPG, and Dirk isn't exactly a defensive stud either. The Mavs aren't nearly as athletic as Miami, but they're hanging around because they have guys that can actually make shots.

You don't have to have the 97 Bulls defensive lineup to stay in games against them. If you play decent team defense and can actually execute an offense down the stretch, you have a shot.

The Bulls can't do the latter right now, it's all on Rose to manufacture shots. It's not like they have a bullet-proof defense right now anyways; Boozer is a huge liability and Rose and Noah still have lapses. You could easily play someone like Martin 35 MPG and bring Brewer off the bench when you need stops, plus maybe then you'd actually be able to give Deng a break now and then.

That was the Bull's biggest weakness. They played good enough defense to beat the Heat, but their scoring down the stretch was lacking. They could still sacrifice some defense to add some scoring and beat the Heat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
The footnotes are the best part about "The Book of Basketball". They are there for comedy, mostly. Oh man, they are hilarious.

I agree completely. The footnotes were all comic gold in the book of basketball. The book is just awesome. I read the whole thing over a weekend last summer and have found myself going back and reading certain sections again.

I love footnotes. They are things that add a lot of insight, but can really cut down on the flow. So you allow people to make the choice. Some people use them to awesome effect.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
So rumor is Rashard Lewis was banging Lebron's girlfriend?

will this be the "Delonte West banging Lebrons mom" of the 2011 playoffs?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
I don't think it's true, but the more jokes I can pile on LeBron, the better.

I believe last year mods warned us to stop making fun of Delonte f***ing LBJ's mom... how long do we get to make fun of Rashard banging LBJ's girlfriend?

Rashard had such difficulty finishing this year that he probably rocked her world all night long.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I believe last year mods warned us to stop making fun of Delonte f***ing LBJ's mom... how long do we get to make fun of Rashard banging LBJ's girlfriend?

Rashard had such difficulty finishing this year that he probably rocked her world all night long.

Really? I dont remember that