2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
One more win and the Mavs are going to be my second favorite NBA team. I'm sure a lot of others will think the same.

Anyone who can beat the Heat would automatically become a favorite of mine, that being said Dirk is so damn likeable anyways and very deserving of a ring.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
He no showed the 4th quarter of game 4 but he didn't tonight. His passing was exceptional in the 4th quarter as all of his assists lead directly to layups or dunks and the Heat were running everything through Wade not LeBron tonight so he wasn't going to score a ton.

Cmon now...

All I know is this has been a fabulous series (like last year's finals) and it reminds you about why the NBA is so appealing, despite its obvious flaws, to begin with. Like Badger said, the Mavs won this game from behind the 3-point line. They more than likely don't shoot like this in Miami. So hopefully they have something else in reserve. I figure they need to finish it in game 6. If it goes 7 then Miami probably takes it. I don't think a road team has won a game 7 in the finals since 1969.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
I think people are being a little unfair to Lebron. Dallas won tonight because of the way they shot from beyond the arc. Miami shot over 50%, 25+ fts and I believe outrebounded Dallas by a significant margin.

LeBron certainly didn't lose the game for Miami, that'd be absurd for anyone to say. That being said, this is a guy who all the sudden is being compared to the best player to ever play and after being absolutely fantastic against the Bulls, he's back to disappearing down the stretch in the finals. Every time I start to believe that he's turned the proverbial corner, he regresses back to being a little boy when it matters most.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
All I know is this has been a fabulous series (like last year's finals) and it reminds you about why the NBA is so appealing, despite its obvious flaws, to begin with. Like Badger said, the Mavs won this game from behind the 3-point line. They more than likely don't shoot like this in Miami. So hopefully they have something else in reserve. I figure they need to finish it in game 6. If it goes 7 then Miami probably takes it. I don't think a road team has won a game 7 in the finals since 1969.

To be honest man, who the hell knows with this Miami team. I literally have no f***in clue which team is going to show up. I wouldn't be shocked if they come back to win the next 2 and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose by 40 in game 6. With the talent they have, they're just so all over the place. Gun to my head, I'd still pick the Heat to win this series but I just have no idea.

Oh, and all these historical stats really mean nothing in this series. Not a god damn thing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
LeBron certainly didn't lose the game for Miami, that'd be absurd for anyone to say. That being said, this is a guy who all the sudden is being compared to the best player to ever play and after being absolutely fantastic against the Bulls, he's back to disappearing down the stretch in the finals. Every time I start to believe that he's turned the proverbial corner, he regresses back to being a little boy when it matters most.

To be honest man, who the hell knows with this Miami team. I literally have no f***in clue which team is going to show up. I wouldn't be shocked if they come back to win the next 2 and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose by 40 in game 6. With the talent they have, they're just so all over the place. Gun to my head, I'd still pick the Heat to win this series but I just have no idea.

Oh, and all these historical stats really mean nothing in this series. Not a god damn thing.

Historical stats never mean anything in any series in any sport. The '04 Red Sox obviously didn't care that no team had ever come back from 0-3 to win a best of 7 series. They just add an interesting, even if meaningless overall, dynamic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
Cmon now...

Don't get me wrong, LeBron needs to play better but he didn't disappear in the 4th quarter tonight like he did in game 4. He still needs to be more assertive and attack the basket more when his jumper isn't dropping like the last couple of games but he was really good at creating easy looks for his teammates in the 4th quarter tonight. Completely different performance from his complete no show in game 4.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
Don't get me wrong, LeBron needs to play better but he didn't disappear in the 4th quarter tonight like he did in game 4. He still needs to be more assertive and attack the basket more when his jumper isn't dropping like the last couple of games but he was really good at creating easy looks for his teammates in the 4th quarter tonight. Completely different performance from his complete no show in game 4.

I don't think people are giving enough credit to Shawn Marion. He's draped on LeBron like brothas be draped on fat white women (not me, obviously). I know AI2 plays LeBron pretty well. But Marion has done the best job of any individual defender on him I've seen this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)

LeBron's had a total of 11 4th quarter points in the finals. Like I said,he's supposed to be the best player on the court/planet, he needs to do better than that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 06:39 AM)
LeBron's had a total of 11 4th quarter points in the finals. Like I said,he's supposed to be the best player on the court/planet, he needs to do better than that.

I just got ready to post that. 11 points in the 4th is what you'd expect from LeBron in one game. Not 5...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
I don't think people are giving enough credit to Shawn Marion. He's draped on LeBron like brothas be draped on fat white women (not me, obviously). I know AI2 plays LeBron pretty well. But Marion has done the best job of any individual defender on him I've seen this year.

In the 4th quarter last night, Lebron was being guarded by a 38 year old who was giving up about 5 inches.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:40 AM)

Is Marion actually doing better than Deng did?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
Historical stats never mean anything in any series in any sport. The '04 Red Sox obviously didn't care that no team had ever come back from 0-3 to win a best of 7 series. They just add an interesting, even if meaningless overall, dynamic.

That's fairly silly. The Reds Sox clearly cared about the fact that no team had been down 0-3. They played games 3-6 like a team that had its backs totally against the wall. They won game 4 in extra innings in a back and forth and back and forth game, with Wakefield coming out of the bullpen what, 2 days before he'd start game 6? They stitched together the ankle of one of their guys basically with duct tape.

That team certainly cared about being down 3-0, they just reacted to it by clawing tooth and nail to not give up.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)

Y'all know what might have helped Lebron find a groove if his jumper wasn't falling?

A rudimentary low-post game.

/Reminder.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)
Y'all know what might have helped Lebron find a groove if his jumper wasn't falling?

/Reminder.

Who was it arguing that "a low-post game is meaningless"? That was a funny stance.

You mean to tell me you didn't like when Brawn chucked a horrible jumpshot with J-Kidd guarding him late in the game? A post game would definitely have not helped in that situation

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)

/Reminder.

Yup. Guess what he's good at, midrange jumpers and getting to the hoop, two things that are outcomes of having a good post game at his size.

And I LOL'ed at the commentators comments last night about Dirk. First saying that this is the first time that people will know who he is, and second putting him up there as a GOAT. He's very awesome, but I think of him as more of a Hakeem quality player.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Dallas outside shooting just buried the Heat. The Heat offensive totals are good besides for turnovers.

Im not sure you want to rely on having to shoot over 60% from 3, but it worked tonight.

I honestly feel that is Korver or Boozer had contributed anything in the Heat series, the Bulls would have one it.

The Mavs are just doing a better job at what the Bulls wanted to do.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
has anyone noticed JVG whining that people are giving him s*** about being such a Heat homer?

He's been incredibly annoying all series, and unfortunately his "analysis" has really suffered. This broadcasting group used to be my favorite (hopefully they can get Kerr to replace Jackson), but JVG just shuts up when something doesn't go the Heat's way. And his "oh that's a clear no call" or "that's a missed call!" commentary rarely fits what actually happened, especially on replays.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
He's been incredibly annoying all series, and unfortunately his "analysis" has really suffered. This broadcasting group used to be my favorite (hopefully they can get Kerr to replace Jackson), but JVG just shuts up when something doesn't go the Heat's way. And his "oh that's a clear no call" or "that's a missed call!" commentary rarely fits what actually happened, especially on replays.

I did like when they were calling out Wade on his travel when he dragged his pivot foot and they actually showed a replay.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:11 AM)

I'm deliberately not watching any of this series, but if JVG is doing that, that's somewhat disappointing. This used to be one of the better PBP lineups in sports because they'd actually call things out pretty evenly and give good detail on how the game was progressing.