2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
Does Miami look like they are quitting? Way too much time left for that.

It honestly looked that way the last three possessions, but we all know Miami has another run or two in them.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the world went crazy?

I dont know, I was the hardest person on the Heat, Im one of the only people to pick Dallas to win the series, and Im the one in here arguing that the series has been decent in terms of reffing. It seems to be a strange turn of events, but I guess its because Miami was so overhyped after the Bulls series that people didnt realize the Bulls just sucked at shooting and that if Dallas could get hot they could compete with the Heat.

If you can shoot, there is nothing the refs can do.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Haha, that is an offensive foul 99% of the time.

and if its a block, it certainly was on the floor, not in the act of shooting

haslem flies in over the back and no foul called...

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
That was offensive and even if it wasn't no way would that be a +1. Nice work officials.

Like I said, I really get the feeling that Miami is going to lead again. I sure hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
The refs are going to kill Dallas down the stretch, but all they have to do is play even for 7 more minutes. They have the talent to do it, just have to play well.

Lol, u r becoming my favorite unintentional comedy poster. Seriously.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Kap,

If the Heat take the lead I think theyll have to make a last possession shot to do it. Dallas just needs to play competent and hit free throws.

I hope so.

Jenks,

Before the game I didnt think Dallas would have a big lead in the 4th. That almost always leads to refs calling it in favor of the team down. Are you really saying that people before the thread were predicting the refs would only be helping because Miami was down?

Like I said, theres no problem commenting on refs during the flow of the game. Its just pointless to fixate on them as they key to a game before even seeing how it plays out. You just never know.

(haha yes there is a difference between watching the game and commenting on how the refs are actually calling the game as compared to commenting before the game occurs. This isnt comparable at all)

Edited by Soxbadger

Here is the full context of the quote:

People need to stop fixating on the refs, if Dallas can shoot and score over 100 points, its going to be a tough game for Miami.

If you want to be a champion you have to win, not hope the refs help you.

Seems pretty damn appropriate given how the game has played out.