2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
I'm surprised no one is talking about the three way trade expected to go down on Wednesday or Thursday.

Lakers get:

Joe Smith

Houston gets:

Terrance Williams

New Jersey gets:

Sasha Vujajic

1st Rounder from Houston

1st rounder from LA(IIRC)

Sets them up really good for a Melo deal.

Melo isn't going to the Nets!!

The biggest deal here is Terrence Williams getting away from Avery Johnson. He's awesome.

Apparently Carmelo HAS been traded to the Nets, according to ABC7 News out of Denver. They're the only ones reporting it though. Kinda skeptical. Reported deal is Favors, Murphy and Picks to the Nuggets for Melo. The deal hinges on Melo choosing to re-sign with NJ or not.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
If drawing contact means Rose is going to get hurt a lot I'd rather he just avoid contact and go back to what he was doing. Its working even if he isn't getting to the line.

I hate to say it, but he'll probably have to start flopping or/and yelling to get calls when he's driving. He does avoid contact cause of his terrific core balance, but when he does get fouled (and he does alot getting to the hoop) he won't get the calls. Guys like Westbrook and CP3 are terrific at that. (for better or worse reasons)

As for the whole PG debate, I tend to rate guys as overall players more-so than pure position. A guy like Rondo for example is the better pure PG/distributor, whereas Rose is the better overall player. Kind of the reason I like a guy like D-Will nowadays (didn't think that a year or two ago at all) more-so than CP3. Can distribute (even if he doesn't have the better vision), but when it's time to take over (or when your team is down) he can be insane.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Apparently Carmelo HAS been traded to the Nets, according to ABC7 News out of Denver. They're the only ones reporting it though. Kinda skeptical. Reported deal is Favors, Murphy and Picks to the Nuggets for Melo. The deal hinges on Melo choosing to re-sign with NJ or not.

So, I'm reading this post 9 hours after it was made and no one else seems to be reporting it yet iether.

The Bulls are concerned Joakim Noah may have ligament damage in his right (shooting) thumb, sources tell ESPN Chicago.

This has gone from a mild concern to a real worry. Noah went through shootaround Wednesday and is expected to play against the Raptors, but is set for testing back in Chicago Thursday. If the examination reveals a need for surgery, ESPN Chicago is speculating Noah could miss at least eight weeks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
I'm surprised there's not more excitement on this forum for this dunk. The guy being dunked on is Tyrus Thomas.

I've always liked this one more (yeah, it's old). The parallels between Swift and Thomas make me laugh.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

After what the Magic have done after the past 6 games or so (albeit the team was decimated by a stomach bug), I wonder if Otis Smith is getting antsy to make a move at the wing position.

Don't think we can get out of the East as currently constructed (unless Lewis and VC both play at their best which I don't see happening in the playoffs).

Lewis's falloff as a player has been quite dramatic to say the least.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
After what the Magic have done after the past 6 games or so (albeit the team was decimated by a stomach bug), I wonder if Otis Smith is getting antsy to make a move at the wing position.

Don't think we can get out of the East as currently constructed (unless Lewis and VC both play at their best which I don't see happening in the playoffs).

Lewis's falloff as a player has been quite dramatic to say the least.

He got paid and that was that.

It's tough not to love these Bulls.

by Michael Wilbon

CHICAGO -- There was sobbing throughout Northeast Ohio and plenty of whining in New York City when LeBron James decided to take his talents to South Beach. Meanwhile, in Chicago, Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah shrugged and went back to the gym.

With all due respect to the skills of LeBron and Chris Bosh and the recruiting savvy of Dwyane Wade, Rose and Noah weren't begging anyone to join them, which is part of what makes this the most irresistible Bulls team since Michael and Scottie left town.

"My thing was, no one person can make a decision for a group," Rose said last week. "Guys knew if they came, we'd have welcomed them. But ... "

Visit link for the entire, excellent article. Wilbon's last two articles involving the Bulls have been very good. This paired with his weekly segment on Waddle & Silvy have been nice. I love me some Wilbon.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
So as I type this Noah is on the court playing well, but after the game will be out 10 weeks with thumb surgery. WTF.

Yeah. WTF?

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...ight-thumb.html

He had a double double tonight with the injury, just let him play with it and take care of it in the off-season if it can't get worse. Cortisone that finger dammit.

Edited by maggsmaggs