2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Are the Magic just going to try and outshoot the living hell out of everyone? They're perimeter defense is going to take a hit.

Nelson/Arenas/Richardson/Hedo/Howard?

Dwight Howard will defend every play on the opposing team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
He's offering up an opinion based on the way the Heat are currently performing. His opinion may be wrong, but to simply say "There's no evidence for it" is just silliness. Of course there's no evidence, it's an opinion.

He's a lawyer :)

Never would of thought any sane GM would take Lewis' contract, though this does mean Washington has officially turned the page and it's all Wall now. I actually think this made the Magic weaker as far as the Bulls match-up sake, as guys like Carter and Lewis always gave the Bulls trouble (especially in the perimiter) unlike they do most teams. Richardson is a good addition though. They all now have to get accoustomed to JVG's system.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Meanwhile the Cavs just lost their 10th straight game and they've looked pretty bad in doing so. They've lost by an average of 17.5 PPG during the streak. Therefore really making LeBron look good in choosing to leave. It's amazing that team was able to accomplish what they did with that cast. I think Dan Gilbert needs to retract his little "I guarantee the fans of Cleveland will win a title before the Heat do" declaration. That franchise is so done.

I didn't even know you followed NBA. I figured you were strictly college.

I told a guy at work this past summer that the Bulls roster (as of then) was better than the Cavs roster without LeBron and he laughed at me.

I'm actually more excited about the acquisition of Richardson than the other 2.

He's been a good fit in different offenses (Charlotte and Phoenix for example), and to put it simply, he should be an upgrade on VC in the clutch.

That alone, makes that trade worthwhile IMO.

Now sign that 5 year extension Dwight. :D

Nelson's not really a pass first type of PG, but he's been better at that this season, he'll still score when he'll need to.

And Hedo's also a better fit running our pick and roll offense, which SVG loves to roll out. How Arenas is going to fit I don't know, some people are speculating he may be the 6th man, but you don't really want a max contract guy like him coming off your bench I would have thought.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Meanwhile the Cavs just lost their 10th straight game and they've looked pretty bad in doing so. They've lost by an average of 17.5 PPG during the streak. Therefore really making LeBron look good in choosing to leave. It's amazing that team was able to accomplish what they did with that cast. I think Dan Gilbert needs to retract his little "I guarantee the fans of Cleveland will win a title before the Heat do" declaration. That franchise is so done.

LeBron was probably worth 40 wins to that Cavs team which is insane and shows you just how good LeBron James is. There isn't another player in basketball who could have gotten those Cavs teams close to 66 or 61 wins.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
LeBron was probably worth 40 wins to that Cavs team which is insane and shows you just how good LeBron James is. There isn't another player in basketball who could have gotten those Cavs teams close to 66 or 61 wins.

Kobe

Looking at the contracts on ESPN, the Magic took on roughly an additional 10 mil in salary, made Howard the only true center on the team, and also gave away a pick. And defense has just gone out the window with Pietrus gone(Howard cant guard everyone). They better score a ton of points.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)

No doubt about it. Man that team is horrible. Their leading scorer is Mo Williams at like 14.5 PPG and 39% shooting. I have no qualms about LeBron leaving. I just thought joining a team that had Wade was too easy. Chicago or NY would've been ideal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Maybe the 2003 version. No way the current version.

The 04 Lakers only won 56 games with both Shaq and Kobe. The 05 lakers lost Kobe for 20 games and only won 34. The 05/06 lakers, Pre-Gasol arrival, basically just Kobe as the only thing there, won 45 games with Kobe scoring 35 ppg.

I got into a pretty long argument on Facebook with a guy who actually used the phrase "defense is overrated" in a sentence. Then when backed into a corner by me asking which one of the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls etc. didn't have elite defenses he tried to narrow it into individual/perimeter defense being overrated (he was trying to downplay Rose's shortcomings on defense). Yeah it was as dumb as it sounds. He started rambling, and said I argued like a Republican so I just blocked him. lol. I swear sometimes casual NBA fans make NFL fans look intelligent.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Kobe's teams also were either missing the playoffs or barely squeaking in before the Gasol trade (Kobe has many nut-huggers who downplay the fact that Gasol might be the best PF in the NBA right now)

No doubt. Kobe is one of the best players I've ever seen. I can't deny that. But if that Bogus Gasol trade doesn't go down, he has as many rings as I do since 2002.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
The 04 Lakers only won 56 games with both Shaq and Kobe. The 05 lakers lost Kobe for 20 games and only won 34. The 05/06 lakers, Pre-Gasol arrival, basically just Kobe as the only thing there, won 45 games with Kobe scoring 35 ppg.

And I'd take any of those Laker casts from '05-'07 over what LeBron had to work with in Cleveland. LeBron really is a special player. Many have seem to have forgotten.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
No doubt. Kobe is one of the best players I've ever seen. I can't deny that. But if that Bogus Gasol trade doesn't go down, he has as many rings as I do since 2002.

And I'd take any of those Laker casts from '05-'07 over what LeBron had to work with in Cleveland. LeBron really is a special player. Many have seem to have forgotten.

I disagree that it was forgotten. He made people hate him and therefore they want to see him lose/fail wherever he goes. I dont think anyone will ever doubt how special of a player he is. I also dont think many want to see a person of his character hoist the NBA trophy because he took a shortcut to get it. He probably will get it, but in many peoples minds, he isnt earning it like players he is compared to earned it(Kobe, Jordan, etc)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Can't decide if Illinois or the Bulls were the most pathetic team at the UC today. Losing at home to the Clippers isn't a good precursor for life without Noah. Oh, and MVP calibur players step up and hit the free throws in a spot like Rose was in at the end.

They do this too.

get over it MVP's miss sometimes Rose still played great and he's carried us to victory so many times this year I'll forgive him for this one. Edited by kev211