2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Can't decide if Illinois or the Bulls were the most pathetic team at the UC today. Losing at home to the Clippers isn't a good precursor for life without Noah. Oh, and MVP calibur players step up and hit the free throws in a spot like Rose was in at the end.

Drose gets a pass on that one. He carried the team.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 06:49 AM)
Some people are speculating that we could move Redick for a big now.

I'd still like to hang onto him, as I think we'll need him more in the future especially if we let J Rich walk after this season.

The Bulls would take him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
The speculation on the radio was that could be place #1 to send him. They just have to figure out a way to match up money.

According to the ESPN NBA Trade machine, the fact that the Bulls signed him as an RFA but then the Magic matched means that there is a trade restriction and he can't be traded to the Bulls until next summer.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 02:05 AM)
So it looks like Paul Pierre is the PG in that Boston system with Rondo out. Dude is going off with his assist numbers. Makes fans wonder what a guy like CP3, Nash etc.. can do in that system...

Some sort of unholy merger between Paul Pierce and Juan Pierre?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Can't decide if Illinois or the Bulls were the most pathetic team at the UC today. Losing at home to the Clippers isn't a good precursor for life without Noah. Oh, and MVP calibur players step up and hit the free throws in a spot like Rose was in at the end.

Really?

So what you are saying is that ALL MVP caliber players shoot 100% from the field and 100% from the line in key situations like that? GMAFB

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
Really?

So what you are saying is that ALL MVP caliber players shoot 100% from the field and 100% from the line in key situations like that? GMAFB

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

- Michael Jordan

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
Go on the Bulls website.

Watch the 12 days of Christmas.

Don't know whats funniest: 4 Pick-and-Rolls or Korver trying.

Yeah, they play that at the games and saw it on saturday. I personally think the Boozer one is the funniest.

Link

Guard Richard Hamilton, a mainstay during the Pistons' run of six consecutive conference finals appearances, is upset with his role on the team and has become a distraction, team sources said.

Hamilton's non-participation in Saturday's practice, along with his upset stomach that caused him to miss Sunday's game and complaints about his diminished role have led some in the organization to wonder if Hamilton has quit on the Pistons.

Advertisement

"He quit on us," one team source said. Another team source said Hamilton is acting out of emotion and should adjust.

Hamilton's been on the trading block for two years, and he would like a change of scenery.

And, on Sunday, just before a game against the New Orleans Hornets, Hamilton, who was replaced in the starting lineup over the weekend by Ben Gordon, told the team he had an upset stomach and could not play. After the game, a number of people associated with the team questioned his "upset stomach."

Team president Joe Dumars has said he is having trouble making deals because the team is for sale, but if Hamilton doesn't take coming off the bench well, the situation could become untenable. With the recent trades around the league, it shows the market is opening up.

"If I need to have a long talk with him, I will," Dumars said Monday on WDFN. "I'll see how Rip is doing tomorrow when he gets in here. Rip's been good for me."

Hamilton has had an inconsistent season, his worst since coming to Detroit in 2002. He has three years remaining on his contract at $12.6 million per season

Hamilton is averaging 26.4 minutes and 13.6 points, but at times has appeared disinterested on the court.

He also has been ejected three times for technical fouls.

The Bulls can make Hamilton work in a trade for their spare parts, if Detroit is willing to take on Ronnie Brewer and his $4.6 million salary as the main piece.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:01 AM)
This is really becoming another golden age of the NBA. There is more talent in the league right now then there has been in a real long time.

I still wish there were more dominant centers like in the 90's, but other than that, yeah, the talent is insane. I've watched more Clippers/Warriors highlights in the last month and half than I probably have in the last 10 years. There's going to be a lot of deserving players miss the all-star team this year. Can you imagine one or more of Love, Griffin, Westbrook or Ellis not making the team? And of course with moron fans voting, they'll be at least 1 starter from each conference that has no business starting.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
That would be a perfect player for the Bulls.

Is it?

Rip's contract is pretty bad to say the least, and he doesn't exactly have great 3PT range, which a SG probably needs in Chicago's style of offense I'd say.

As much of a headcase he may be, J.R Smith could be a better option, and he's got an expiring contract to boot.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Is it?

Rip's contract is pretty bad to say the least, and he doesn't exactly have great 3PT range, which a SG probably needs in Chicago's style of offense I'd say.

As much of a headcase he may be, J.R Smith could be a better option, and he's got an expiring contract to boot.

The Bulls shouldn't care about contracts from now on, aside from what they're worth in trades. They're now over the cap forever after Noah's extension, and it'll get even worse once a new CBA is decided on, because the first order of business then is a large salary boost for this Derrick Rose kid. Expiring contracts are only useful to the Bulls now if they're trading them or if they want to save money under the tax, just like for your Magic.

Hamilton shouldn't hurt the Bulls on defense and probably makes them stronger there, while replacing a couple guys who can't shoot with a guy who can shoot sometimes. He's 35% for his career from 3 which is better than what the Bulls are putting out there at SG right now.