2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Is it?

Rip's contract is pretty bad to say the least, and he doesn't exactly have great 3PT range, which a SG probably needs in Chicago's style of offense I'd say.

As much of a headcase he may be, J.R Smith could be a better option, and he's got an expiring contract to boot.

I don't think you could be more wrong here. Rip is a good 3 PT shooter and is absolutely lethal coming off screens. Smith is a bulk shooter who is inconsistent. Rip fits WAY better on this team.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
I highly disagree.

You'd be incorrect. The league is more diverse and has more talent than ever before... and there is a lot of competition. Hell, the s***ty teams even have entertaining players to watch.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
And the unprotected sex so he doesn't end up with kids from like 10 different women.

I think that before you join the NBA, you should get a vasectomy.

Free sex, no risk (outside of STDs).

You can always have it reversed.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Is it?

Rip's contract is pretty bad to say the least, and he doesn't exactly have great 3PT range, which a SG probably needs in Chicago's style of offense I'd say.

As much of a headcase he may be, J.R Smith could be a better option, and he's got an expiring contract to boot.

As far as a pure basketball standpoint decision, you would be correct. Smith has immense talent and is still young at 25 and will be playing for a contract. He can handle the rock (be that secondary ballhandler when Rose is on the bench or even in the game which helps him immensely), shoot threes at a high rate, score in iso, create his own shot, excellent athleticism on the fastbreak to complement Rose, better player for a dribble drive motion offense (helps Deng catch and shoot off screens or cuts, Boozer in the post, etc or off the bench for secondary scoring). Problem with J.R. is the guy just can't seem to get his head out of his ass, is prone to chuckling when he gets hot (or trying to get in a rhythm) which can stall posessions and can get very selfish. Now, can Thibs help him with that? Can the Bulls vets keep him in line? That remains to be seen. The pieces to getting him will be very low I would think, so it's doubtful the Bulls will have to give up, say a Gibson, Brewer type to get J.R. (probably fillers like J.J., Bogans and/or a pick) Bulls management is obviously hoping to strike gold. (which can also be a risk) A guy like Affalo is the much better fit and player the Bulls need, but Denver probably will not move him.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Now, can Thibs help him with that? Can the Bulls vets keep him in line? That remains to be seen.

I'd say I find it highly doubtful unless he's decided on his own to get in line. It's not like he hasn't had a support system of veterans and a good coach in Denver. Billups, Karl, etc.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Bulls up 35 with 2 to go in the 3rd quarter. And THAT was why I liked the Ronnie Brewer signing. And there it was again.

40!!!!!!

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Ronnie Brewer.. insanely underrated.

You just gotta love those guards without a shot.

He's not underrated at all. He's known exactly for what he is.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
This is the largest margin of victory for the Bulls since....?

This is actually a really good question. You would obviously think to look back at the dynasty years. But I really can't recall them winning a game by 45+ points. And back in those days I used to record the games. I do remember a game during the 72-win season in which they scored the first 20 points of that game against the Hornets. But they only won by 35 or so.

Didn't take long. They waxed the Antoine Carr, Bill Wennington led Kings by 47 back in 1991. That is one horrific looking roster. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxsco...9102220CHI.html

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
This is actually a really good question. You would obviously think to look back at the dynasty years. But I really can't recall them winning a game by 45+ points. And back in those days I used to record the games. I do remember a game during the 72-win season in which they scored the first 20 points of that game against the Hornets. But they only won by 35 or so.

Didn't take long. They waxed the Antoine Carr, Bill Wennington led Kings by 47 back in 1991. That is one horrific looking roster. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxsco...9102220CHI.html

I immediately think of that NBA Finals victory over the Utah Jazz. 96-54 (42 point victory).

f***in' A that was hilarious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
I immediately think of that NBA Finals victory over the Utah Jazz. 96-54 (42 point victory).

f***in' A that was hilarious.

That was the game in which Pippen took about 12 charges. Yeah, that was something to behold. To hold any NBA team to 54 points in a game is mind-blowing enough. A team of that Jazz caliber?