2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
The Bulls shouldn't care about contracts from now on, aside from what they're worth in trades. They're now over the cap forever after Noah's extension, and it'll get even worse once a new CBA is decided on, because the first order of business then is a large salary boost for this Derrick Rose kid. Expiring contracts are only useful to the Bulls now if they're trading them or if they want to save money under the tax, just like for your Magic.

Hamilton shouldn't hurt the Bulls on defense and probably makes them stronger there, while replacing a couple guys who can't shoot with a guy who can shoot sometimes. He's 35% for his career from 3 which is better than what the Bulls are putting out there at SG right now.

My concern about Hamilton is that he's 30, but he's been in the league for 12 seasons now, so he's an "old" 30 if you will. And he's quite injury prone, just reminds me a lot of the Vince Carter situation where I think Hamilton's best basketball is behind him. I think the Bulls just need to give Brewer the starter's job for 2 months and then make a move at the deadline if it doesn't work out.

To me as Soxfan1 said, Rip's a guy who's fantastic coming off screens, and he'll shoot the occasional 3 but that isn't really his game. Affalo would be perfect as Zoom said, but he seems like a keeper for Senver now, someone who should part of their core after Melo departs.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
I immediately think of that NBA Finals victory over the Utah Jazz. 96-54 (42 point victory).

f***in' A that was hilarious.

Absolutely. When I think of an NBA ass whooping, I think of that game.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
They won by 45 in 2007 I believe as well.

Yep, January 13, 2007 against the Grizz.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxsco...0701130CHI.html

Mike Sweetney with a double-double in that one. :lolhitting

Damn, even Viktor Khryapa had 12 and 5 in that one... That Grizzlies starting lineup was awful. Thank God they actually have some talent now. If only fans would go to their games...

Larry Brown bites the dust in Charlotte.

I actually think he and Joe Dumars kind of need each other right now.

Maybe Jordan will start listening to offers for the likes of Wallace and Jackson and go into a full scale rebuilding mode. Certainly not going to contend in the Southeast anytime soon.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
God I hope he's in the dunk contest. I haven't watched one in about 4 years and haven't cared to. I'd clear my schedule to catch that show.

When asked if he was interested in taking part in this year's dunk contest, Blake Griffin responded: "That would be cool. If it's something that the league wants me to do, I'll probably try to do it."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
That pick has to be lottery-protected right?

Bulls receive the Bobcats' 2012 first-round pick (top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) (Tyrus Thomas trade 02-18-10)

We get the Jazz and Suns 2nd rounders in 2011 though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
J4L, you just made me look like a complete moron. I texted two of my friends who like the Clippers making fun of them for getting shut out. I officially look like a complete and utter retard, haha.

Dude, go to the Yahoo game channel. It says Rockets 22, Clipper 0 after one. I thought it was a mistake. I go to NBA.com game channel and it says the same thing.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Dude, go to the Yahoo game channel. It says Rockets 22, Clipper 0 after one. I thought it was a mistake. I go to NBA.com game channel and it says the same thing.

ESPN also says the same.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2010122212

Houston Rockets

13-15 (Won last 3)

Timeouts Left: 7

2:29

2nd Quarter

Timeouts Left: 6

Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers Team 1 2 3 4 Total

HOU 22 30 52

LAC 0 43 43

Los Angeles Clippers

8-21 (Won last 3)

http://www.nba.com/games/20101222/HOULAC/g...9#nbaGIboxscore

6:24

1Q

HOU

LAC

10 0 0 0 10

0 0 0 0 0

Listen Live with LEAGUE PASS Audio | TV Companion

Launch Now

It says 10-0 now. But I swear on a bottle of whiskey it said 22-0 after the first quarter. But I still failed. I should've gotten visual proof first.

So the Clippers didn't score a single point for 10 min...?

Edit: the scoreboard was just screwed up I think. The NBA one didn't even update the Bulls' final score for a while.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
So the Clippers didn't score a single point for 10 min...?

Nope. Apparently every NBA site sabotaged the score of the game. .Every site had the Clippers scoring 0 in the first quarter and like 50 in the second. I thought it was legit. I should've checked out ESPN first, as I'm sure it would've been breaking news. So I failed. But I'm not crazy!