2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)
Like I said before, and I forgot what your reply said, but "lockout" doesn't automatically mean "missing games"

I know, I know...I just think that if it gets to the "Lockout" stage in either league this offseason, the owners go until the unions break.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
LeBron thinks contraction would be great for the NBA. Maybe they could contract teams that have fanbases that dont really care about their team. Like, ohhhh, The Heat

+100.

I couldn't believe that when I read it.

He said in the 80's, all the teams had 3 or 4 superstars.

...which is a no.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
+100.

I couldn't believe that when I read it.

He said in the 80's, all the teams had 3 or 4 superstars.

...which is a no.

I think it's time to stop blaming his advisers and recognize LeBron really is a world-class moron that was blessed with exceptional basketball talent and skill. The Bulls made the playoffs one year with a 30-52 record. f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
I think it's time to stop blaming his advisers and recognize LeBron really is a world-class moron that was blessed with exceptional basketball talent and skill. The Bulls made the playoffs one year with a 30-52 record. f***ing idiot.

It's amazing how much he's embraced the role of villain.

This promises to be a lonely road for James, especially in the context of the game’s most important figures. When it comes to this CBA Armageddon, Kobe Bryant made himself clear to Yahoo! Sports weeks ago. “I’m 100 percent in this fight. I’m not going to just sit here and give back what guys have fought for in this league long before I got here – not for us now, or the players who come after us. I’m not backing down.”

Christmas Day at Staples Center, and the battle between basketball’s two biggest stars has never been framed with such a resounding, rigid narrative. Two worlds clashing now, two ways for everything to go in this sport. Suddenly, this is LeBron James vs. Kobe Bryant for the future of the National Basketball Association.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-kobelebron122410

But wait! There's more!

The sponsorship opportunities range from $10,000 for a single event on his 11-stop "LeBron James Dinner Party Tour" to $500,000 for a season package.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/12/24/basket...a.lebron.james/

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Rose is getting raped and nothing is being called. And the NBA fix is on, Amare isn't called for that foul early in the game but rather it's Chandler.

I like how it didn't phase Rose and he keeps going to the hole.

Who the F is Douglass?

They were ice cold for about 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. That's what pretty much lost the game. Boozer and Rose were both missing shots. That's when we need that 3rd guy (not Luol) to step in shot well to keep the scoring up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
They were ice cold for about 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. That's what pretty much lost the game. Boozer and Rose were both missing shots. That's when we need that 3rd guy (not Luol) to step in shot well to keep the scoring up.

Forgot Deng was playing a few times watching the game.

i actually think thibs should go with watson at pg and rose sg more in this game. the knicks kept running pick and rolls with amare and felton, which rose had great trouble defending against. too often did he get stuck on the pick with felton going straight to the hoop, and the number of wide open threes felton took after freeing himself with picks in the second half is unacceptable. I think the extra effort rose put in on defense really messed up his rhythm on offense.

11-20 on ft for this bulls today, and they rank 3rd to last in the league in that department, pretty amazing feat considering they don't have shaq, howard or blake griffin.

that is 2 losses in the season against the celtics, and now 2 more losses against a pretender in the knicks.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
that is 2 losses in the season against the celtics, and now 2 more losses against a pretender in the knicks.

I maybe a homer but if we play NY in the playoffs with a full squad, Bulls in 6.