2010-2011 NBA Thread

Nothing the Bulls can do when the Knicks are shooting over 50% from the 3 point line. Rose did an excellent job playing the passing lanes today (evidence to all his steals) but he did get hung out trying to force the issue. (turnovers) I can't stand Knicks fans (only one worse are Boston fans) so this isn't an easy one to stomach as a fan of the game.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
I maybe a homer but if we play NY in the playoffs with a full squad, Bulls in 6.

homer or not, most people would probably even say bulls in 5. We played poorly today but were in the game most of the way and had a chance to win till the end.

just not a good loss to swallow because Amare acted like a lil b****, and the knicks fans are pretty obnoxious.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
i actually think thibs should go with watson at pg and rose sg more in this game. the knicks kept running pick and rolls with amare and felton, which rose had great trouble defending against. too often did he get stuck on the pick with felton going straight to the hoop, and the number of wide open threes felton took after freeing himself with picks in the second half is unacceptable. I think the extra effort rose put in on defense really messed up his rhythm on offense.

11-20 on ft for this bulls today, and they rank 3rd to last in the league in that department, pretty amazing feat considering they don't have shaq, howard or blake griffin.

that is 2 losses in the season against the celtics, and now 2 more losses against a pretender in the knicks.

They're not a serious title contender. But they're definitely a playoff team. As much as I hate the Knicks, they're one player away from being a serious threat.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
They're not a serious title contender. But they're definitely a playoff team. As much as I hate the Knicks, they're one player away from being a serious threat.

I love watching them play. The current wave of talent that's hit the league in the last few years has made the NBA as enjoyable for me since the dynasty.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)

When this team is fully healthy, they are a contender. No doubt in my mind. They are eight games over despite a very tough schedule and not having Boozer and Noah on the court for most of them. Once they trot out Noah-Boozer-Deng-Bogans (even though I hate him starting)-Rose as a starting line-up every night, they will be as good as anyone in the NBA this side of Boston. The Magic look lost right now. The Heat don't have enough inside. And the Lakers look average right now. Boston is the only team in a seven-game series at full health that we couldn't beat. They have the size, the team play, the defense, everything. The Spurs are really good, too, but we played them down to the wire without Boozer on the road.

And how the hell did Keith Bogans start for the Spurs last year? The guy brings nothing to table except solid defense. Brewer does that too and is bigger. And he adds an offensive dimension.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Love that Dwight can play that badly offensively, and so can the rest of the guards, and we still pick up the win.

Seen a lot of upside with this team over the past 2 games beating the Spurs and Celtics.

I like where we are at right now. The most important thing is Hedo has actually gotten back into his 07-08 form, that is going to be crucial, especially if we play Boston again, because he's a tough defensive matchup for Pierce with his size at the 3.

If we can somehow trade either Duhon or Q-Rich for a decent backup big, I think we can do some damage come playoff time.

deng is really not a good fit playing along side rose and boozer. he seems to play well in blowouts, but disappears completely during close games.

the bobcats have no hopes right now, if they are willing to part ways with stephen jackson, i think he would be a terrific fit for the bulls. a package of deng and asik or JJ for Jackson will do the bulls wonders. though that's only wishful thinking

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
When this team is fully healthy, they are a contender. No doubt in my mind. They are eight games over despite a very tough schedule and not having Boozer and Noah on the court for most of them. Once they trot out Noah-Boozer-Deng-Bogans (even though I hate him starting)-Rose as a starting line-up every night, they will be as good as anyone in the NBA this side of Boston. The Magic look lost right now. The Heat don't have enough inside. And the Lakers look average right now. Boston is the only team in a seven-game series at full health that we couldn't beat. They have the size, the team play, the defense, everything. The Spurs are really good, too, but we played them down to the wire without Boozer on the road.

And how the hell did Keith Bogans start for the Spurs last year? The guy brings nothing to table except solid defense. Brewer does that too and is bigger. And he adds an offensive dimension.

I was referring to the Knicks. I too believe that the Bulls are a contender.

I don't think LeBron is going to be able to play out his contract with the Heat. He'll go along with things this year, and they very well may win a title. But my guess is he'll get tired of playing second fiddle to Wade and start looking to force his way out of there eventually. I wouldn't be shocked if Melo ends up in New York, and LeBron ends up either in Chicago or somewhere else with CP3 down the road.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I don't. Contender to me is a team that can legitimately contend for a title. Outside of injury, there's no way in hell we can beat the Celtics or Heat.

The Chicago Bulls at 100% can give any team in the east a serious run for their money. ANY team.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
I love listening to Bulls fans b**** about refs. It's incredibly similar to Illini fans b**** about refs. And Bears fans b**** about refs. And White Sox fans b**** about refs.

You forgot Kevin Love.

I love listening to Bulls fans b**** about refs. It's incredibly similar to Illini fans b**** about refs. And Bears fans b**** about refs. And White Sox fans b**** about refs.

There's refs in baseball now?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
The Chicago Bulls at 100% can give any team in the east a serious run for their money. ANY team.

Pretty sure any team at 100% in the East is pretty damn good. Wouldn't want to face Miami, Orlando or Boston at 100% either. :P

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
You forgot Kevin Love.

Indeed. It's gotten to the point where I was actually somewhat disappointed by his 25 and 19 effort against Utah.

Edited by Felix

All fans b**** about refs.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 04:12 AM)
All fans b**** about refs.

Well aware, and it's incredibly amusing and really annoying at the same time. If you read this thread, you'd be convinced that every ref in the NBA has a personal vendetta against the Chicago Bulls and will do everything within their power to prevent the Bulls from ever being successful again.

Honestly, I don't see how the refs were that unfair yesterday. It was bad, but the Knicks got fouled a good deal of times and nothing was called. I bet the Knicks fans are probably b****ing too, even though they won.