2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate b****ing about the refs, but Rose still gets killed driving to the lane and never gets to the line. I try not to complain but its hard not to. I usually leave it off the board and yell at the TV though

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Blake Griffin has rapidly become my favorite non-Bulls player in the NBA. I stop whatever I'm doing to watch Clipper highlights. He's my NBA version of Carlos Gonzalez. He's recorded 18 consecutive double/doubles. Give him the ROY now.

I vaguely recall a regular process of one player having that said about him early in the season, followed by that player being totally passed up int eh 2nd half.

I think Brandon Jennings was that guy last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
I vaguely recall a regular process of one player having that said about him early in the season, followed by that player being totally passed up int eh 2nd half.

lol. You must be crazy. Brandon Jennings is a Damon Stoudamire clone. Griffin is a guy you can build a franchise around.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
lol. You must be crazy. Brandon Jennings is a Damon Stoudamire clone. Griffin is a guy you can build a franchise around.

I know, but at this point last season, Jennings was destroying teams and had just come off a 50 point game, IIRC, and people were saying "Give him the ROY right now".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)

Yep, but other than Landry Fields (and I'll give alittle love to DeMarcus Cousins), the ROY race isn't as much competition as last year, especially with John Wall hurt. Griffin can go 15/8/2 the rest of the way, and he'll probably still win it (unless he pulls a Wall and gets hurt).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
I know, but at this point last season, Jennings was destroying teams and had just come off a 50 point game, IIRC, and people were saying "Give him the ROY right now".

Griffin is just a much better prospect than Jennings. I never liked Jennings. He's an inefficient chucker. Blake is a souped up version of pre-crack Shawn Kemp.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
Well aware, and it's incredibly amusing and really annoying at the same time. If you read this thread, you'd be convinced that every ref in the NBA has a personal vendetta against the Chicago Bulls and will do everything within their power to prevent the Bulls from ever being successful again.

You mean they aren't?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)

jennings got hot shooting the ball for the first 10 games or so and was playing really well, then he struggled with his shots the rest of the way, his shot making ability was one of the knocks against him before the draft.

but griffin is totally different, he is playing like an mvp candidate for over 30 games now, and his physical ability is unmatched by any other player in the league, as long as he keeps using his athleticism to get easy dunks and rebounds, he is a lock for the rookie of the year, and possible an all star reserve as a rookie.