2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give LeBron the MVP. I despise him. But I watched some of the Wolves/Cavs game. Good god is that team awful. There's not a single player on that roster that commands even a sporadic double team. They're dead last or close to it in every major offensive category. I can't remember a team being exposed to this degree after losing their star player.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Give LeBron the MVP. I despise him. But I watched some of the Wolves/Cavs game. Good god is that team awful. There's not a single player on that roster that commands even a sporadic double team. They're dead last or close to it in every major offensive category. I can't remember a team being exposed to this degree after losing their star player.

You don't win an MVP for what you did last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
True. But he's still averaging 25/7/7 for a top 5 team in the league. Combine that with how bad the Cavs are and I think it just extrapolates his value that much more.

If the Heat don't win the championship can we take the MVP away from him than?

I have no idea how legitimate this rumor is. But the Bulls could be in the running for a legit 2-guard.

The Bulls and Bobcats have discussed an 8 player deal that would send Stephen Jackson to the Bulls and James Johnson and Taj Gibson as the key players heading to Charlotte. The Bulls want to keep Taj, but seem willing to pull the trigger if they can’t get OJ Mayo or JR Smith without giving up Taj.

The Bulls and Grizzlies had discussed a Mayo to Chicago deal, but the Grizzlies are asking for Taj Gibson, Omer Asik, James Johnson, and the Charlotte draft pick. The Bulls will not do that trade, but have considered doing a Gibson, Johnson, Bogans for Mayo deal, which Memphis wouldn’t do at this point.

http://www.rumorpress.net/

God I want Mayo. Not a fan of Stephen Jackson or J.R. Smith.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 06:51 AM)
Didn't we already trade JR Smith for virtually nothing?

We got Howard Eisley and two second round picks!!! And in 2007 draft, we got Aaron Gray and JamesOn Curry!! So there.

Who knows if those were the same picks though since trading of second round picks is common, but yeah we had the guy and gave him up for nothing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 05:44 AM)
I have no idea how legitimate this rumor is. But the Bulls could be in the running for a legit 2-guard.

ugh..jackson is 32 years old. there's no reason to trade 2 first round picks from last season for an old player unless that player gets the bulls to the finals. jackson doesn't do that. and the asking price for mayo is silly. mayo is having a bad season and has lost his starting job...memphis can keep him if they want more than taj+junk.

honestly, those trades and targets are so bad the bulls should start brewer or korver and be done with it. sign fa guard in the offseason...

Stephen Jackson isn't even close to the answer to our problems, so I don't buy those rumors for an instant. He hasn't shot above .420% since 2007 and isn't a team player. And we aren't trading Taj when we don't have Noah. I only trade that Bobcats pick in a deal for a legit superstar. I would like to see what Ronnie Brewer can do starting because I don't think people give him enough credit. When given starter minutes wit the Jazz two yeas ago ago he averaged 14 point per game. He shoots a high percentage because he plays within himself and gets the majority of his baskets around the hoop. Add to that great defense, why do people think we are in desperate need of a 2-guard. Brewer is the guy if he got the chance. Once we get Noah, we don't need a 2-guard to score 20 points, we need him to be like Brewer.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
Stephen Jackson isn't even close to the answer to our problems, so I don't buy those rumors for an instant. He hasn't shot above .420% since 2007 and isn't a team player. And we aren't trading Taj when we don't have Noah. I only trade that Bobcats pick in a deal for a legit superstar. I would like to see what Ronnie Brewer can do starting because I don't think people give him enough credit. When given starter minutes wit the Jazz two yeas ago ago he averaged 14 point per game. He shoots a high percentage because he plays within himself and gets the majority of his baskets around the hoop. Add to that great defense, why do people think we are in desperate need of a 2-guard. Brewer is the guy if he got the chance. Once we get Noah, we don't need a 2-guard to score 20 points, we need him to be like Brewer.

Brewer doesnt have the jumpshot to be the starting two guard. He gets a lot of tough baskets and garbage baskets by being smart and playing around the hoop, but I have seen enough of Bogans bricks out of the starting two guard spot, I dont want to start hating Brewer because he is taking too many jumpshots that he shouldnt be taking. I like him in the role he is in, coming off the bench as the first SG reserve and bringing his D to the table.

Brewer's actually been a ~15 PER player this year, which I found surprising. His PER is actually slightly higher than Deng's.

With Noah out and our big men depth being the way it is, there's no way I would trade Taj. Not for Stephen Jackson at least.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
Brewer's actually been a ~15 PER player this year, which I found surprising. His PER is actually slightly higher than Deng's.

With Noah out and our big men depth being the way it is, there's no way I would trade Taj. Not for Stephen Jackson at least.

You can do it if you have a replacement coming back, but you can't survive with Asik, Thomas, and Scalabrine as your non-Boozer big men for the next 6 weeks.

Hopefully Noah should be back before the trade deadline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
You can do it if you have a replacement coming back, but you can't survive with Asik, Thomas, and Scalabrine as your non-Boozer big men for the next 6 weeks.

Hopefully Noah should be back before the trade deadline.

I think a lot of us would be okay with that trade if Joakim was healthy.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
I think a lot of us would be okay with that trade if Joakim was healthy.

I would too, but you just can't do it with no Noah.

And Hell...Noah has been hurt the last couple years...so that depth is kinda important too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 06:44 AM)

The Bulls and Bobcats have discussed an 8 player deal that would send Stephen Jackson to the Bulls and James Johnson and Taj Gibson as the key players heading to Charlotte. The Bulls want to keep Taj, but seem willing to pull the trigger if they can’t get OJ Mayo or JR Smith without giving up Taj.

The Bulls and Grizzlies had discussed a Mayo to Chicago deal, but the Grizzlies are asking for Taj Gibson, Omer Asik, James Johnson, and the Charlotte draft pick. The Bulls will not do that trade, but have considered doing a Gibson, Johnson, Bogans for Mayo deal, which Memphis wouldn’t do at this point.

Dammit. DO IT!

But Charlotte needs to throw a PF back.