2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Yes. He was hated in Cleveland and considered to be a locker room cancer in Utah.

http://www.sportsviews.com/blog/49991/The_...cers_in_the_NBA

One problem with the internet is the fact that any moron can post a blog littered with grammatical and spelling errors, make up a bunch of "facts" Nd then have it reposted after a Google search finds it.

Cleveland was dumb to let him out of his contract, and Boozer took more money elsewhere. As for the Utah comments, I see no truth there.

My eyes tell me Carlos is quite an awesome player and an even better teammate.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
One problem with the internet is the fact that any moron can post a blog littered with grammatical and spelling errors, make up a bunch of "facts" Nd then have it reposted after a Google search finds it.

Cleveland was dumb to let him out of his contract, and Boozer took more money elsewhere. As for the Utah comments, I see no truth there.

My eyes tell me Carlos is quite an awesome player and an even better teammate.

On his first day Boozer said something like "this is Derrick's team, I'm just here to help." That eased my concerns about him fitting in. This is one of the most tightly knit group of guys I've seen in the NBA. No prima donnas, no headcases, just a bunch of guys playing basketball with a goal. They all congratulate each other after a good play. They're all driven to win. It's actually quite refreshing to watch.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
On his first day Boozer said something like "this is Derrick's team, I'm just here to help." That eased my concerns about him fitting in. This is one of the most tightly knit group of guys I've seen in the NBA. No prima donnas, no headcases, just a bunch of guys playing basketball with a goal. They all congratulate each other after a good play. They're all driven to win. It's actually quite refreshing to watch.

Agreed. Boozer being the ultimate cheerleader and first guy off the bench to give congratulations at a called timeout while he was rehabbing from his broken hand also confirmed to me that he is a great teammate.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
Let me rephrase: if you like outdoorsy sorts of things, Salt Lake City is a great place to live. There are tons of options all within driving distance, and it's really a beautiful area. Even I'm not the biggest outdoorsman, but I lived there for a summer a couple years ago and really, really loved it.

As for the team, the city basically lives and breathes Jazz. They have no other professional sport (unless you're counting the Utah Flash in Orem or the Salt Lake Bees, who don't play during the same season), and the fans are incredibly devout. EnergySolutions Arena is a great environment, and any player would love playing in front of those fans night in and out.

SLC rules, anyone who says different was stuck in the Hilton the entire time. You are about 20-30 min from one of the best ski resorts in the entire Rocky Mountains, unlike Denver where you have to drive 3+ hours. There is a ton of great housing and most of the nightlife institutions brew their own beer because of the loopholes in the liquor laws. In the summer months you have a TON of sun and enormous amounts of outdoor activities to partake in. The pricing for almost everything is reasonable. I have found it to be a great city to spend time in.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
I don't think so. I've been to Utah and I almost died from boredom. This was like in 1999. And there's like no black folks. The only black people I can recall were Karl Malone, who's not really black, and Byron Russell .

This.

Edited by chw42

Boozer's main problem was that come playoff time, he was always owned by the Lakers bigger frontcourt.

So that could be an issue if the Bulls play say Boston and he's up against KG who's probably DPOY right now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Boozer's main problem was that come playoff time, he was always owned by the Lakers bigger frontcourt.

So that could be an issue if the Bulls play say Boston and he's up against KG who's probably DPOY right now.

You're probably right. But Tyson Chandler deserves some serious consideration for the award.

I am absolutely fascinated by and looking forward to seeing what the Bulls will do in the playoffs with what should be a healthy and used to playing together team. I just struggle with what to expect from this bunch, but am enjoying their play so far. Also interested to see if any moves are made before the trade deadline.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Magic have got a nice little winning streak going now at 4.

Thursday's game against the Knicks on TNT should be a good one to watch, expect to see nothing but Pick 'N Roll offense for a good 2 hours though.

We've been linked to Marcus Camby today also. We'd probably have to give up a 2 for him such as Redick, and the way J.J has played since the trade, I'm not sure I'd want to do that.

I'd almost take my chances to see if a big such as Troy Murphy is cut after the deadline to make a move that way.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 03:53 AM)
Magic have got a nice little winning streak going now at 4.

Thursday's game against the Knicks on TNT should be a good one to watch, expect to see nothing but Pick 'N Roll offense for a good 2 hours though.

We've been linked to Marcus Camby today also. We'd probably have to give up a 2 for him such as Redick, and the way J.J has played since the trade, I'm not sure I'd want to do that.

I'd almost take my chances to see if a big such as Troy Murphy is cut after the deadline to make a move that way.

A Camby/Howard front-line would be devastating. And yet a third team the Bulls would have little to no chance against.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 04:26 AM)
A Camby/Howard front-line would be devastating. And yet a third team the Bulls would have little to no chance against.

Who are the first two?

It used to be the Magic, but we don't know how that would work now with a healthy Boozer and revamped Magic roster.

Broussard on camby:

One name you’re likely to hear on the trade market is that of Portland center Marcus Camby. In fact, last week a rumor surfaced about Camby and teammate Andre Miller going to Charlotte for D.J. Augustin and Gerald Wallace.

Camby wasn’t happy about the rumor and would not take kindly to being traded to Charlotte or any other non-contending team, according to a person close to him. The 36-year-old Camby would even consider retirement if he were traded to a mediocre or rebuilding team, the source said.

“If he was traded to Charlotte, he would think about retiring,’’ the source said. “He’s made plenty of money. He’d rather play, but he’s at the point in his career where he doesn’t want to get bounced around from team to team. If he’s traded, it would have to be to a contender.’’

Even going to an elite team does not appeal much to Camby, who is in his 15th season. His ultimate desire is to remain in Portland. After signing a two-year, $21 million extension with the Blazers in the spring, Camby moved his family to Portland and has his two young daughters enrolled in school there. One place Camby wouldn’t mind going is Houston, where he lives in the offseason.

With productive big men at a premium, several clubs are interested in Camby’s services. He’s still averaging 11 rebounds and 1.8 blocks a game, which would provide a huge boost to any contender. While acquiring Camby is probably a long shot, Orlando is one team I’m told has an interest.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Who are the first two?

It used to be the Magic, but we don't know how that would work now with a healthy Boozer and revamped Magic roster.

The first two? Obviously the Bucks and Cavs. lol. Heat and Celtics. And a front-court headed by Camby and Howard totally shut down the paint for opposing teams, outside of maybe Miami.

Thibo #6 on the best coaches list from the SBNation piece;

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/12/29/190...s-rick-carlisle

6. Tom Thibodeau, Bulls

Tom Thibodeau brought his trademark AAAAAHHHH! defense to Chicago, and the results have been fine (No. 3 in defensive efficiency and shot defense). He's also managed to get the Bulls into solid Eastern position despite protracted absences for Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
#3 in def. eff. already? That means we've been surging upwards in that.

Bulls are #3 in ESPN's Hollinger ratings. Our strength of schedule in the last 10 has been .403, that's probably why we're surging in the defensive categories.

It's not gonna get any worse either, I count like 7-8 games against good teams in the next two months or so.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
Bulls are #3 in ESPN's Hollinger ratings. Our strength of schedule in the last 10 has been .403, that's probably why we're surging in the defensive categories.

It's not gonna get any worse either, I count like 7-8 games against good teams in the next two months or so.

Yeah, through Dec. 7th or so the Bulls had the toughest schedule in the NBA, and IIRC it wasn't really even close. They got every impossible game out of the way early other than a couple with the Heat and Boston.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)

KG hurt himself on a dunk FWIW. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsEZ...celtics-garnett

Don't know how long he's out. Unless he's pulling a Paul Pierce.