2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
I've seen them cheer for 100 points even in losing efforts. Scoring 100 doesn't guarantee a win in the NBA. I blame the crowds at Bulls games on Cubs fans really. More of a thing to do/social event rather than a sporting event.

I'm not sure I'd blame that on Cubs fans as much as "ticket prices"

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Not me. I'm following the game... not dot races, big macs, kiss cams, or any of that crap. Again, if that is more of your energy than a key AB, go home.

I respect that because I go for the game as well, but if you can honestly say that in between a break in the game that you don't pay attention to when they stretch and blow up goofy looking bald men's heads on the jumbotron and can say you haven't cracked a smile or laughed, I don't believe you

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
if u want to talk about nonsense, how about all the cheering and ovation scalabrine receives.

It's better than cheering for a Big Mac, IMO. At least it has something to do with the game. He's the human victory cigar. People cheer for him just as the Lakers and Wolves fans cheered for Mark Madsen, or the Mavs fans cheered for Eduardo Najera, or the Pistons fans used to cheer for Darko. Scalabrine has an absolutley legendary status in Boston.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
if u want to talk about nonsense, how about all the cheering and ovation scalabrine receives.

I'd be embarrassed if I were him. Yeah he is in the NBA, but still. He is like that white walk-on that everyone loves on the team because he sucks and only plays in blowouts. How soon before they chant his name near the end of games?

Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Grizzlies guards O.J. Mayo and Tony Allen got into a fight on the team's charter flight Monday after a card game.

According to the report, which cited unidentified sources, Mayo owed Allen money following the game and became increasingly angry toward Allen when asked to settle the debt. Several players eventually had to separate the teammates.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace acknowledged the altercation in an e-mailed statement but provided no details about what caused the skirmish. He said: "The club considers the matter closed and will not comment further."

Link

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
I'd be embarrassed if I were him. Yeah he is in the NBA, but still. He is like that white walk-on that everyone loves on the team because he sucks and only plays in blowouts. How soon before they chant his name near the end of games?

Are you serious? He's one of only about 450 people in the world that are on an NBA roster at any given time and he has been for 9 years. He has made over $17 mil in his career and even now still makes more than most people. He is still playing basketball for a living. I'm sure he is not embarassed in the least.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 01:49 AM)
It's better than cheering for a Big Mac, IMO. At least it has something to do with the game. He's the human victory cigar. People cheer for him just as the Lakers and Wolves fans cheered for Mark Madsen, or the Mavs fans cheered for Eduardo Najera, or the Pistons fans used to cheer for Darko. Scalabrine has an absolutley legendary status in Boston.

If nothing else, it means people are paying attention to more than the scoreboard.

I'd love to sit on the bench in the NBA, it's not like he is making $12,000 to sit on the bench for the D-League Rio Grande Valley Vipers

I could handle being embarassed for his paycheck.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/ano...nba-super-trio/

The Dwyane Wade-LeBron James-Chris Bosh trio sparked all kinds of debate when they decided to team up and play for the Miami Heat. And there’s a chance that there could be a new trio staring to form.

Kevin Love, of the Minnesota Timberwolves, told SI.com that he has talked with both Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook about playing together at some point in their careers.

“We all talk about playing together. It’s fun to talk about. When the time comes, we’ll assess the situation and figure it out,” Love said.

Just like with the Wade-James-Bosh trio, Love said that the three players began talking about possibly teaming up with each other when they were playing for Team USA.

Rose and Westbrook are eligible to sign extensions this offseason, and Love will become a restricted free-agent next season.

If the three players do decide to team up with each other, Bulls fans can only hope that Rose emulates Wade, and not James.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Participants for the dunk contest officially announced. Blake Griffin, Brandon Jennings, JaVale McGee and Serge Ibaka. Apparently LeBron ONCE AGAIN was considering participating but cited concern over the wear and tear the grueling event would put on his 6'8, 260 LB body.

Javale McGee, haha. After he completely missed a dunk by prematurely jumping? Weird.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Participants for the dunk contest officially announced. Blake Griffin, Brandon Jennings, JaVale McGee and Serge Ibaka. Apparently LeBron ONCE AGAIN was considering participating but cited concern over the wear and tear the grueling event would put on his 6'8, 260 LB body.

If I'm the Bucks, I'm pissed that my injured player accepted the invite.