2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
I miss Joakim Noah.

Ugh. His scoring and our currently unknown shooting guard are needed.

I totally miss Noah's energy

At least Rose got 9 assists and 3 steals for that one guys fantasy team though.

Edited by Brian

As much as I dislike the notion of intangibles, the Bulls are clearly missing Joakim Noah's. Joakim seemed to energize the team's play. Bulls have looked tired and lazy the past two games. In fact, they've looked similar since Joakim's injury, but they've usually gotten away with it since the teams they played were so bad and also played bad. New Jersey and Philly played pretty well these past couple of days and the result is two losses.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
per Rotoworld:

The Nets, Nuggets and Pistons are reportedly discussing a deal that would send Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton and Carmelo Anthony to the Nets.

What the hell? Just who are the Nets going to give up then? Half their roster?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe they grew up a bit with those 2 losses.

Hopefully, losing 1 of those games is understandable, both of them was bad. Nice bounce back tonight though. God damn I just want to see this team healthy.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)
I'd put Bogut up as a tier 2 center, defensively one on one he was the best center in the league last season.

And he's playing with that wrist injury which he's still recuperating from. Think he'll only get better as the season goes on.

It just goes to show how underrated (STILL) he is with casual fans.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 05:02 AM)
It just goes to show how underrated (STILL) he is with casual fans.

Bogut is just so damn injury prone.

I know I just was repping Noah, but Bogut's had what? 103 injuries to his arm while Noah has had two (albeit bad) injuries.

That being said, I'd consider him a Tier 2.5 Center, but it seems he suffers from Kerry Wood syndrome.

Edited by Quinarvy

Orlando's on a 9 game winning streak now after beating Dallas last night.

Hedo Turklogu had 17 assists. He's just fits perfectly into our offensive system as a facilitator for the offense when you've got scoring PG's in Nelson and Arenas.

Dwight Howard would have to be top 3 for the MVP award right now also. Got a lot of publicity early along with CP3, then that died down a bit after the losing streak.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 06:11 AM)
Orlando's on a 9 game winning streak now after beating Dallas last night.

Hedo Turklogu had 17 assists. He's just fits perfectly into our offensive system as a facilitator for the offense when you've got scoring PG's in Nelson and Arenas.

Dwight Howard would have to be top 3 for the MVP award right now also. Got a lot of publicity early along with CP3, then that died down a bit after the losing streak.

Just saw highlights.

Still want JJ Redick.

Still hate Otis.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
Just saw highlights.

Still want JJ Redick.

Still hate Otis.

Right now the J-Rich + Hedo + Earl Clark for VC, Gortat and Pietrus deal looks like a big win Orlando at this point (PHX is 2-6 after the trade IIRC).

My guess is with Redick, he becomes the starting SG next season onwards when J-Rich gets a big contract offer from some other team.