2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
I think we all kinda owe LeBron at least a semi-apology. The Cavs are 1-18 since December 2nd. They are f***ing awful. My goodness.

I don't owe LeBron jack.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
I think we all kinda owe LeBron at least a semi-apology. The Cavs are 1-18 since December 2nd. They are f***ing awful. My goodness.

Let's not forget...Lebron was the one dictating most of their personnel decisions through last year.

Owe him an apology for what? Everyone in the universe knew that Cleveland was going to be brutal and that the Heat were going to be real f***in good. This doesn't change the fact that he handled everything like the massive moron that he is.

It is pretty amazing to me that they're the worst team in a terrible eastern conference. Obviously they were going to be bad, but I didn't think they'd be worse than teams like Toronto, Washington and Detroit. Mo Williams has just been awful, he hasn't shot this poorly since his rookie year. Jamison, a guy that has thrived in the past taking more shots than he should and playing no defense, has been mediocre at best. Hickson, the guy that was supposed to be their main hope for the future, has been well below average. They have pretty much no assets and can't even pray for luck from the lottery gods because this draft is looking pretty pathetic so far.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
It is pretty amazing to me that they're the worst team in a terrible eastern conference. Obviously they were going to be bad, but I didn't think they'd be worse than teams like Toronto, Washington and Detroit. Mo Williams has just been awful, he hasn't shot this poorly since his rookie year. Jamison, a guy that has thrived in the past taking more shots than he should and playing no defense, has been mediocre at best. Hickson, the guy that was supposed to be their main hope for the future, has been well below average. They have pretty much no assets and can't even pray for luck from the lottery gods because this draft is looking pretty pathetic so far.

Yeah, it was easy to see they were the suck. They probably wouldn't be as bad if LeBron were on the team and just injured because he gave them confidence. At the same time, if you didn't think this was a bad team, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't hate or blame LeBron for leaving. I do dislike the fashion he did it in though.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Yeah, it was easy to see they were the suck. They probably wouldn't be as bad if LeBron were on the team and just injured because he gave them confidence. At the same time, if you didn't think this was a bad team, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't hate or blame LeBron for leaving. I do dislike the fashion he did it in though.

That was kinda my point. The whole Decision thing and that entire circus and all the full-blown retarded things he's said this year are unforgivable. But he was going to get hate no matter what he did outside of staying in Cleveland. He should've been 'loyal' is what so many had said. Yes, we knew the Cavs would take a big hit. But we're lookin' at 65 losses or so. That is mind-blowing that one player meant THAT much. The Bulls certainly didn't fall apart when MJ left the first time. The Lakers were still a playoff team for the next two years after Magic retired. The Celtics made the playoffs the year after Bird retired. This is a truly historic collapse.

I haven't posted in here in awhile (mostly because we're depressingly terrible and I already harp on that enough outside of Soxtalk, so why do it here as well?), so I'll give it an update:

43.7%

Absolutely absurd numbers.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
I haven't posted in here in awhile, so I'll give it an update:

43.7%

Absolutely absurd numbers.

The 43.7% kind of sucks for a big man like him, although he does shoot some 3s.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
That was kinda my point. The whole Decision thing and that entire circus and all the full-blown retarded things he's said this year are unforgivable. But he was going to get hate no matter what he did outside of staying in Cleveland. He should've been 'loyal' is what so many had said. Yes, we knew the Cavs would take a big hit. But we're lookin' at 65 losses or so. That is mind-blowing that one player meant THAT much. The Bulls certainly didn't fall apart when MJ left the first time. The Lakers were still a playoff team for the next two years after Magic retired. The Celtics made the playoffs the year after Bird retired. This is a truly historic collapse.

At the same time though, the front office made front office decisions when Jordan was around. With Cleveland, LeBron ran the show including the front office.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
The 43.7% kind of sucks for a big man like him, although he does shoot some 3s.

I'm pretty sure that percentage is his 3 point shooting.

Terrible half for the Bulls. Taj must have suffered another concussion, cause he kept losing his man on defense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
I'm pretty sure that percentage is his 3 point shooting.

Terrible half for the Bulls. Taj must have suffered another concussion, cause he kept losing his man on defense.

You're right...Damn.

His overall FG% is only 46% though.