2010-2011 NBA Thread

Wow, this is just...ugh.

The maker of Power Balance sports wristbands has reached a tentative agreement to take over naming rights at Arco Arena.

A source with knowledge of the deal told The Bee that Power Balance LLC has made a tentative agreement for a five-year deal.

Arco's agreement runs out after the end of the NBA season, ending a 25-year relationship. Its departure leaves the Maloof family, which owns the team and the building, searching for a replacement in a down economy.

Power Balance, based in Laguna Niguel, is a $35 million-a-year maker of trendy silicone wristbands worn by such athletes as Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers and soccer star David Beckham. The company has run into some controversy; its Australian website recently posted a statement saying there's no "credible scientific evidence" supporting the company's claims about the health effects of the wristbands. But the company quickly issued a statement defending the products.

What is Power Balance?

Power Balance is Performance Technology designed to work with your body’s natural energy field. Founded by athletes, Power Balance is a favorite among elite athletes for whom balance, strength and flexibility are important.

How Does the Hologram Work?

Power Balance is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
An 8 foot birthday cake with a crown on it? God I hate that man. I take back my semi-apology post.

Sounds like Turtle has gone from organizing Vinnie Chase's B-Day to Wade's and Lebron's B-Day's now. :D

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)

That color commentator (whoever he is) is complete trash. Awesome dunk though.

Also:

20/20 again

Kevin. Love.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Awful.

I'm glad I never have to watch the Bulls.. he's almost as bad as Hawk.

Jeez. Stacey King is absolutely awesome. He's like a fan... but really knowledgeable and completely in the know in regards to the team.

King rules, Felix drools!

I take it back. lol. LeBron, you are a f***ing asshole. But good for you for leaving Cleveland. My goodness. An NBA team just lost by 55 points. These Cavs remind me of the '99 Bulls. And at least with the '99 Bulls they lost EVERYBODY. This Cavs team lost one player and are now, like, the worst franchise in sports.