2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Boozer isn't exactly a beast defensively either and gets a lot of his points on the pick and roll. They'd still have a lot of the same issues.

Boozer isn't a beast defensively, but he is a damn good rebounder and can bang. Boozer also can score in a variety of ways. Pick and pop, high post and low post. Offensively is where he excels. Help defense sucks and man defense is mediocre. He can wear you down though offensively and move some bodies. That's why Pax targeted Boozer and was always hoping to match him up with LeBron and Wade. Bosh was moreso a secondary option.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Bosh? I kid, I kid.

That is going to be the weakness of Miami. Their inside presence. They have old people who are no longer good, have undersized people, or underweight people. Bosh is a stick. He'll still provide good output from PF, but at the same time, most good/great PF's will eat him alive. Miami really should've gone after Boozer(I know he's injured now) to provide a bulldozer downlow. Then they could get away with a crusty C and they would be fine.

Either way though, I'm still putting the house on Miami winning the championship until Bynum is completely healthy and shows it in the Finals.

lol. what the hell?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Boozer isn't a beast defensively, but he is a damn good rebounder and can bang. Boozer also can score in a variety of ways. Pick and pop, high post and low post. Offensively is where he excels. Help defense sucks and man defense is mediocre. He can wear you down though offensively and move some bodies. That's why Pax targeted Boozer and was always hoping to match him up with LeBron and Wade. Bosh was moreso a secondary option.

Somewhat better maybe, but not significantly so. Despite a much thicker build, Bosh is just about as productive down low. Bosh gets 10 or 11 boards per 40 minutes and 5.5 to 6 attempts at the rim per game at about a 63% clip. Boozer is at 12 or 13/40 and 6.5/66 or so playing with a much better PG. Plus Bosh is a lot more effective away from the basket because he can drive as well as shoot.

Either way, matching up with someone like LA would still be a major issue, as Utah found out last year.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
lol. what the hell?

When he comes back, he always says he's healthy, then actually shows he isn't, it takes him about 3 months to get in a groove, then when he finally does, he gets injured again with something small, but nagging. By the time the Finals hit, he's hurt again. Honestly, LA should shut him down from all basketball activity until February, have him only practice with the team until the Finals and then go.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Somewhat better maybe, but not significantly so. Despite a much thicker build, Bosh is just about as productive down low. Bosh gets 10 or 11 boards per 40 minutes and 5.5 to 6 attempts at the rim per game at about a 63% clip. Boozer is at 12 or 13/40 and 6.5/66 or so playing with a much better PG. Plus Bosh is a lot more effective away from the basket because he can drive as well as shoot.

Either way, matching up with someone like LA would still be a major issue, as Utah found out last year.

Keep in mind though, as you stated they play a lot of pick and pop in Utah with Williams and Boozer. I agree Bosh is more effective away from the basket, but even when he attempts at the basket, as a defender, you don't exert as much energy defending him as he's a twig. And when he is shooting jumpers, you waste very little energy. Basically, you don't make your defender work at all. To an offensive player like a Boozer, that's so much better, because he can waste all his energy punishing you in the post.

Good question, how is Miami going to defend a good PG like Rondo and Rose. The Bulls with Boozer may be a problem team for Miami to guard in the post and at the perimeter. It will be interesting to see how Miami's team defense evolves. As of right now they are having a hard time defending Rondo and Allen at the same time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
So do you think ESPN will do a countdown to 10 losses?

No. Despite ESPN's morning hosts on SportsCenter always taking snide remarks against the company, the main honchos are willing to be Miami's sidekick because if they're involved, they get ratings and people talk about ESPN as a brand.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
Good question, how is Miami going to defend a good PG like Rondo and Rose. The Bulls with Boozer may be a problem team for Miami to guard in the post and at the perimeter. It will be interesting to see how Miami's team defense evolves. As of right now they are having a hard time defending Rondo and Allen at the same time.

It will be tough because they really don't have anyone to keep up with Rose/Rondo, and both those teams have guys in the post who can make you pay, especially the Bulls. The thing is, the Bulls need a superstar wingman somehow. Without, LeBron's job is pretty easy.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
God I hope they fail.

We all do. I think in the end, they will succeed.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
annnd they are right back in this

They'll always be in it at the end of games. That's why I bet the house on them tonight.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
the players are really refraining from complaining to the officials....it appears as if the new technical rules are having quite and effect

Wait til the Spurs play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Is there a dumber chant in all of sports than the overrated chant? Well maybe, every fan of every team chanting MVP for their best player.

I think I say this every year on here, but there isn't a damn thing I hate more in sports than the overrated chant.

Other than that, suck it Miami! Obviously one game doesn't mean much but I'll say again that this team has no f***in chance in hell of winning 70 games. And yes, I'm going to continue to comment about that after every loss, cause it's just an absurd thought to me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
I think I say this every year on here, but there isn't a damn thing I hate more in sports than the overrated chant.

Other than that, suck it Miami! Obviously one game doesn't mean much but I'll say again that this team has no f***in chance in hell of winning 70 games. And yes, I'm going to continue to comment about that after every loss, cause it's just an absurd thought to me.

I think they are a year away from having a shot at 70 wins but I still think they win the title.