2010-2011 NBA Thread

As much as it'd be nice to play the Heat on Saturday without LeBron, I don't want to have to wait to go to "their house" for the test. Bring on the f***ing Heat, and hopefully the Bulls play as suffocating defense as they did against the Celtics.

You can just tell this team is bored playing all these s*** teams like the Bobcats, and last night they just couldn't finish it after the huge comeback.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few articles and rumors going around today speculating that Anthony Randolph is getting dealt from the Knicks to the Wolves for a 2011 1st rounder, which they could then use on a Carmelo deal.

Also they want DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers as their C for next season to play alongside Amare, Jordan hits FA this off-season.

A lineup of Felton, Fields, Melo, Stoudemire and Jordan is potentially a contender in the East from next season onwards I would have thought.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I'd much rather see lbj getting dunked on by scal and Stacey king goes crazy like "oh no oh no u didnt scal!!! don't do the king like that!! WTF is the poster machine?!"

That would be the best basketball moment of the year.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Few articles and rumors going around today speculating that Anthony Randolph is getting dealt from the Knicks to the Wolves for a 2011 1st rounder, which they could then use on a Carmelo deal.

Also they want DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers as their C for next season to play alongside Amare, Jordan hits FA this off-season.

A lineup of Felton, Fields, Melo, Stoudemire and Jordan is potentially a contender in the East from next season onwards I would have thought.

Is it the Wolves pick? If that is the case, that is a stupid play for Minny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Is it the Wolves pick? If that is the case, that is a stupid play for Minny.

No I'd think it would be one of the other 1st rounders that they have, although Felix would probably know about it I'd guess.

If that happens though, Minnesota would have Love, Darko, Randolph, Tolliver and Petrovic who can all play the PF/C position. They also have 3 PG's on the roster ATM with Ridnour, Johnny Flynn and Telfair with Ricky Rubio due to come across next season.

All they need is an above average 2. Wes Johnson could be that guy, but he's not right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Not NBA, but I always thought this was the most amazing 10 seconds of dunks I've ever seen.

Still can't believe we won the lotto that year. That truly was the basketball gods way of saying 'Alright, I guess we've torchered the good people of Chicago Post-MJ enough. Here ya go.'

Rose has jumped ahead of Rondo for All-star game starting PG at the moment. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6018863

I think Rondo is fantastic [i know we're supposed to hate him. But talent is talent]. But take Rose off the Bulls and you're looking at a slightly better version of the Cavs. Not that, that should mean much when discussing who should start in an all-star game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Rose has jumped ahead of Rondo for All-star game starting PG at the moment. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6018863

I think Rondo is fantastic [i know we're supposed to hate him. But talent is talent]. But take Rose off the Bulls and you're looking at a slightly better version of the Cavs. Not that, that should mean much when discussing who should start in an all-star game.

We can still hate him and admit that he's a fantastic basketball player because he certainly is. That being said, he's just not as good or as valuable as Derrick Rose.

For a while, the Heat looked like they could reel off 50 straight wins to tie or shatter the Bulls 72-10 record, now we can officially rule them out.... this season.

By the way. Arron Afflalo looked really nice tonight and did a great job defending Wade. Both him and JR Smith had great games tonight, but I think Afflalo will be a better fit for the Bulls because he can do more with less. Just check his stats and he is something like 50-40-85 in terms of shooting %. and he NEVER turns the ball over. He would be a terrific fit with Rose and Boozer.

If I were GarPax, Afflalo and Mayo are on top of my trade list for shooting guards.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 06:35 AM)
For a while, the Heat looked like they could reel off 50 straight wins to tie or shatter the Bulls 72-10 record, now we can officially rule them out.... this season.

By the way. Arron Afflalo looked really nice tonight and did a great job defending Wade. Both him and JR Smith had great games tonight, but I think Afflalo will be a better fit for the Bulls because he can do more with less. Just check his stats and he is something like 50-40-85 in terms of shooting %. and he NEVER turns the ball over. He would be a terrific fit with Rose and Boozer.

If I were GarPax, Afflalo and Mayo are on top of my trade list for shooting guards.

Can't remember what Affalo's contract situation is like, but I think he's cheap and Denver want to build around young cheap talented players when they deal Carmelo (Kroenke wants the hard salary cap brought in also FWIW).

More likely to deal J.R Smith, who blew up tonight offensively BTW I would have thought.