2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Chris Bosh also played on a team in a much weaker league/division.

There's a reason the Wolves are ranked 22nd in Hollinger's power rankings right now. They are a much better team than the record says.

The west isn't exactly as deep as it usually is this year. Portland is barely hanging on to the 8th seed at .500 and New Orleans and Denver aren't exactly great.

And I'm not really sure how you can argue that a team that's being out-scored by an average of 5.5 PPG (only 3 teams are worse) and allowing 108 a game (worst in the league by almost 2 points) is better than their record.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
How many of those though were in those players first year or two, where they really weren't top 10 players?

Not Kobe. Also Wade was on a team that won 15 games. He only played 51. Love is a pretty good player. Is he as good as the players mentiioned? I would say no, but again, I was just trying to refute the at least .500 point. Michael Jordan averaged over 37 points a game, was first team all NBA, was the best player alive, and the Bulls weren't .500. You can be elite and play for a pretty awful team. In fact, chances are if you are a top 10 talent, you will at least for a little bit, because chances are you are being drafted by an awful team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)

He actually makes a pretty reasonable argument. Basic points:

Rose > Rondo

Rose is the PG to build a franchise around if you're starting from scratch

Rondo fits Boston's specific needs better than Rose does

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
He actually makes a pretty reasonable argument. Basic points:

Rose > Rondo

Rose is the PG to build a franchise around if you're starting from scratch

Rondo fits Boston's specific needs better than Rose does

But the fact that the notion is even there is idiotic.

Compare them, fine.

But don't make it seem like the Celtics are struggling with this decision. I know he says the Bulls wouldn't trade Rose, but that destroys the entire basis of the article.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
David Schuester said that Boozer left the building in a walking boot.

f***ing s***.

Booz said he rolled his ankle. No mention of how serious the injury is thought to be. Booz did say it was swollen and he was going to see if he could play on monday (grizzlies I think).

Not great news, but could be worse.

Tribune

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 06:58 AM)

"You've got to watch people's legs. I know guys want to hustle and everything but we all want to play and provide for our families and have a job."

Oh please. I NEVER want to hear a "provide for my family" excuse from ANYONE making over $100,000.

So, Bosh is really saying no one should hustle on the basketball court.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 07:37 AM)
"You've got to watch people's legs. I know guys want to hustle and everything but we all want to play and provide for our families and have a job."

Oh please. I NEVER want to hear a "provide for my family" excuse from ANYONE making over $100,000.

If Bosh is too worried about getting hurt, maybe he should just run away from loose balls. I also suspect Bosh's max contract is guaranteed. This is one of the most lame quotes of all time. Chris Bosh should be embarrassed by what came out of his mouth. I suspect it has more to do with his status as a player vs. Asik's status. His ego needs some ice.

The "provide for our families" is comical as well as Bosh has signed contracts worth over $150 million and according to wiki, I know its not Walter Cronkite, he doesn't exactly "provide" anyway:

On March 24, 2009, it was reported that Bosh's former girlfriend, Allison Mathis, was seeking child support and sole custody of their child. Mathis alleged that when she was seven months pregnant, Bosh stopped supporting her financially and tried to remove her from their home.[94] Three days later, it was reported that the dispute was only over the amount Bosh paid.[95] Mathis' lawyer also told the press, "My client very much wanted this dispute to remain private. Certainly this thing did not get started by anything on our side... She is very distressed that somehow this thing got into the newspapers. She wants Trinity to have a good relationship with her dad, Chris Bosh, and adverse publicity makes that more difficult."[95]

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
This whole train of thought is getting beyond the point as well. Nit-picking about teams with Kobe or Jordan winning 38-40 games is beside the point. Those teams were still relatively competitive with them and awful supporting casts.

The T-Wolves are on pace for 20.5 wins in a league where roughly half of the teams are varying degrees of awful. Plus while their roster in general stinks, they also have another pretty competent player/scorer in Michael Beasley (admittedly his D sucks too).

That makes it really hard to argue that Love is a truly elite player when he's not having a huge impact on his team's wins. Even someone like Chris Bosh has been to the playoffs as the best player on his team, and no one talks about him being elite anymore.

Thanks for getting back to my point, Zoom.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Love is a pretty good player. Is he as good as the players mentiioned?

He's not a top 10 player which is the statement I thought was ridiculous. He's not close to a top 10 player. He has nice glamor stats, but he doesn't effect his team's performance nearly enough to be a top 10 player. Kevin Love can score a bit and grabs boards with little competition on the roster, but he's not going to ever go out there and win you a ballgame.

Chris Bosh is such a p****. Jeez.

And people said Boozer was soft...Bosh seems to be on another level.

I'm actually glad the Bulls didn't get Bosh after hearing what he's said. The guy is worse than LeBron when it comes to public comments.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 07:37 AM)

It was a scramble for a loose ball, I guess Omer shouldnt have dove because Bosh's legs are so valuable?

What a p****.