2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Today was the most impressed I've been with Deng all season. He was just absolutely terrific overall today.

Anywho, I just want this damn team to get fully healthy. I can't wait to see our actual team out there at some point.

You mean the 4-5 healthy games together weren't enough for you?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
The Bulls are on a 56 win pace halfway through the regular season. Considering how they haven't had all their main guys for almost 50 games and certainly not all at 100% for probably more than 50 games, you'd have to think they have a decent shot in the playoffs of winning a couple of rounds. I think if Miami is healthy, they are the team to beat. Boston's age is going to start to show pretty soon IMO. Orlando has been playing really well with their new players, but if the Bulls are 100% healthy, I like their chances vs. any except Miami. (given that LeBron and Wade are both reasonably healthy as well)

Disagree on Boston. They've been pretty smart. Making their players sit out who feel they have nagging injuries they could play with. They're gearing up toward the 2nd half. In fact, yesterday was the first time the entire team practiced together all season.

i think deng will be the X factor for the bulls have a chance to beat miami in the playoffs. he showed today that he is very dynamic when he is on his game. Gay is no lebron james, but deng completely shut him down today. if he can play defense with the same intensity, and knock threes when he is open, the bulls will be a tough out for miami.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
i think deng will be the X factor for the bulls have a chance to beat miami in the playoffs. he showed today that he is very dynamic when he is on his game. Gay is no lebron james, but deng completely shut him down today. if he can play defense with the same intensity, and knock threes when he is open, the bulls will be a tough out for miami.

I think the X-factor is health. I still barely know what a healthy Bulls team will look like.

Just a lazy 47 and 14 for Griffin, he's got the ROY wrapped up right now.

Magic vs. Celtics should be a good one in an hour and a half.

I also think the Bulls don't have enough depth to challenge the top 3 in the East yet. Get an upgrade at SG, and that could definitely push them into that bracket though I think.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)

I also think the Bulls don't have enough depth to challenge the top 3 in the East yet. Get an upgrade at SG, and that could definitely push them into that bracket though I think.

The Bulls are in the Top 3 in the East. So can they not challenge themselves?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
The Bulls are in the Top 3 in the East. So can they not challenge themselves?

Yeah they should definitely make the Conference Semi - Finals (although whoever gets Atlanta in the 1st round will have an interesting time).

I just don't see them on Miami, Boston and Orlando's level, yet, but they're very close. They're 1 impact player away IMO.

You also have to wonder if Rose can keep playing at such a high level for the rest of the season and into the playoffs, but getting Noah back and a trade at the deadline should help him on that regard.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Yeah they should definitely make the Conference Semi - Finals (although whoever gets Atlanta in the 1st round will have an interesting time).

I just don't see them on Miami, Boston and Orlando's level, yet, but they're very close. They're 1 impact player away IMO.

You also have to wonder if Rose can keep playing at such a high level for the rest of the season and into the playoffs, but getting Noah back and a trade at the deadline should help him on that regard.

but i think the magic has a bigger weakness than the bulls do. they have absolutely no front court depth after howard. they also do not have any good perimeter defenders on their roster. so if howard is forced to sit with foul trouble (which he did last year in the playoffs), the magics are doomed with no interior or perimeter defense and live and die by the three ball.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
but i think the magic has a bigger weakness than the bulls do. they have absolutely no front court depth after howard. they also do not have any good perimeter defenders on their roster. so if howard is forced to sit with foul trouble (which he did last year in the playoffs), the magics are doomed with no interior or perimeter defense and live and die by the three ball.

Q-Rich is a pretty decent perimeter defender still (albeit he doesn't offer much on the offensive end).

I think we'll still try to pick someone up as a big, we've got Ryan Anderson (who's been playing very well lately) and Malik Allen as our 2 backup bigs ATM.

Against Boston, I'd be worried. Against Chicago and Miami, I don't think it's that big of an issue (as neither team are exactly stocked down low either).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
I believe he's now recorded 27 consecutive double/doubles.

You know who else has 27 consecutive going into tonight's game? And a league high 36 this year? :ph34r:

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)

Comments like this irk me. The Bulls ARE amongst the top 3 in the East. I think you generally overrate the Magic, but you're a fan so it makes sense. I'm not really scared of them at all, especially if/when the Bulls get healthy. The only thing you have on the Bulls is that the Magic whoop their ass once a season by 40+.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)
Comments like this irk me. The Bulls ARE amongst the top 3 in the East. I think you generally overrate the Magic, but you're a fan so it makes sense. I'm not really scared of them at all, especially if/when the Bulls get healthy. The only thing you have on the Bulls is that the Magic whoop their ass once a season by 40+.

It will be nice to see what the Bulls have when they have all of their players playing. If they ever have all of their players playing. They are going to be getting a lot of national exposure the next several years. As a Bulls fan, the only team that I really feel a full Bulls squad doesn't have a realistic chance to beat is a full Heat squad.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)

I just feel with the Bulls because they haven't been in the thick of it all at the business end of the playoffs for a while, that is going to hurt them in the playoffs, while teams like Boston and Orlando know what it's all about there.

Miami I'll give a pass to, because of Lebron etc.

I feel Orlando are usually underrated by the national media especially when compared to Boston and Miami, when they've made the conference finals the last 2 seasons in a row. And if anything, I'm more confident in the team that I was at any point last season because of the trade we made.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Q-Rich is a pretty decent perimeter defender still (albeit he doesn't offer much on the offensive end).

I think we'll still try to pick someone up as a big, we've got Ryan Anderson (who's been playing very well lately) and Malik Allen as our 2 backup bigs ATM.

Against Boston, I'd be worried. Against Chicago and Miami, I don't think it's that big of an issue (as neither team are exactly stocked down low either).

The Bulls biggest strength (outside of DRose), when healthy, is there low post depth. The Bulls can put out Noah, Boozer, Taj, Kurt Thomas, and Omer Asik. I can't think of many teams with that kind of depth, especially considering two of the guys are probably all stars at there respected positions (Noah @ C and Boozer @ PF).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
I just feel with the Bulls because they haven't been in the thick of it all at the business end of the playoffs for a while, that is going to hurt them in the playoffs, while teams like Boston and Orlando know what it's all about there.

Miami I'll give a pass to, because of Lebron etc.

I feel Orlando are usually underrated by the national media especially when compared to Boston and Miami, when they've made the conference finals the last 2 seasons in a row. And if anything, I'm more confident in the team that I was at any point last season because of the trade we made.

The Bulls have been in the playoffs pretty consistently since Skiles took over the show. On top of that, they've had some pretty quality playoff series, even though some of them resulted in losses (2 years ago to Boston and this past year to Cleveland). I realize they might not have been deep, but they have playoff experience.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)

I see a clear separation between the Bulls and Miami/Boston/Orlando. It doesn't mean I don't think we can't get there, but I see the Bulls a tier below that group. Our guard play, minus Rose, is going to hold us back.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
It will be nice to see what the Bulls have when they have all of their players playing. If they ever have all of their players playing. They are going to be getting a lot of national exposure the next several years. As a Bulls fan, the only team that I really feel a full Bulls squad doesn't have a realistic chance to beat is a full Heat squad.

Full strength in the playoffs, that Miami back court is going to kill the Bulls. I wouldn't be surprised at a sweep.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
I see a clear separation between the Bulls and Miami/Boston/Orlando. It doesn't mean I don't think we can't get there, but I see the Bulls a tier below that group. Our guard play, minus Rose, is going to hold us back.

Completely disagree. I still think some of our own fans severely underestimate this team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Full strength in the playoffs, that Miami back court is going to kill the Bulls. I wouldn't be surprised at a sweep.

No chance.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Completely disagree. I still think some of our own fans severely underestimate this team.

Look at it this way were the 3rd best team in the East, 3 games behind Boston, a game and a half behind Miami, better then the Magic, and 15 games over .500 and we've been fully healthy for about 5 games. We've also done this with Keith Bogans as our starting two guard. If the Bulls get healthy and somehow acquire a solid number 2 look out because they're already great without either.