Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Interviewing is so nuts. I have a 4.5 hour one this week meeting with multiple people, one over lunch.

I know I can be abrasive sometimes, but I love you all. Throw some love my way, because this one would be awesome.

Good luck, Scuba Steve!

What day is the interview?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
Interviewing is so nuts. I have a 4.5 hour one this week meeting with multiple people, one over lunch.

I know I can be abrasive sometimes, but I love you all. Throw some love my way, because this one would be awesome.

4.5 hours? That's brutal. How does one eat and interview, anyway?

My wife had to do that to get her job but she's smart and graceful. I'm not so sure about you... :P

Good luck!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)

Good luck!

PS: definitely order a sloppy joe at lunch, that's what all the big shots do.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
Would anyone consider a well paying job in your field but going outside of continental USA, precisely to Afghanistan? (Hence why really well paying job)

It would have to be incredibly good. Like change my life for many, many years to come good.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
That about sums it up. Was curious to see the responses. Thanks

I would say if you are young, single, and have no children, this is the time to try it, if ever. If not, don't. It is incredibly dangerous, which is why they are offering big money do it.

Would anyone consider a well paying job in your field but going outside of continental USA, precisely to Afghanistan? (Hence why really well paying job)

The "well-paying" job would have to be absolutely life-changing for me to think about it, because a trip to Afghanistan could be life-changing and/or life-ending.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 11:57 PM)

An unarmed security guard in Afghanistan?? I may be "fearless" but I'm not dumb. If I had armed military guys around me I'd be down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
I would say if you are young, single, and have no children, this is the time to try it, if ever. If not, don't. It is incredibly dangerous, which is why they are offering big money do it.

My thoughts exactly, albeit I'm almost 28, I will try to find out the details before I even give this a thought.

My father-in-law did that back in the fall of 2006 through the fall of 2007. Got paid over $100,000. He brought back video, crazy s**t. Bombs exploding on the road as they're driving down it. F**ked him up.

Trying for my last big money job tomorrow, if I don't get it just going to find an hourly job for time being so I have some recent work experience on my resume. So, tomorrow's interview difference of me making mid 40,000's or making 12 an hour if I flop.

Because I went far from school and had to do a lot of volunteer for major haven't had a job for couple years and think if this doesn't work need to change that before can get a job that can actually support myself with.

1) Stamp a dollar value on what you believe your life is worth, and not in some fantasy world where it won't actually happen, but for real, because the odds are quite high.

2) Determine if what they are paying you exceeds that value.

3) Determine if money, even if it exceeds that value, is worth having if all it means is that you're the richest guy in the graveyard?

4) Say no thanks.

5) Go eat at McDonalds, watch some strippers and drink some beers...not because it's good for you, but because you can.