Quotes from Twins fans

kitekrazy

Sound familiar?

http://www.clubtwins.com/twins-discussion/...ason-t1766.html

I think Gardy somehow projects defeat to his team when it comes time to play the Yankees and the team always picks up on it over the years. Plus they are just better but I don't understand the total domination.

Any other coach in any other sport in any other town would not still have a job

They love "macho" baseball.

http://www.clubtwins.com/twins-discussion/...hrow-t1754.html

My guess is nobody. We will continue to let opposing teams throw at our heads with no consequence.

Sounds like a WSI take. (interesting)

The Yankees have been pushing the Twins around for 10 years. Nobody has ever once stood up for themselves. Let them know you mean business and you aren't gonna back down.

http://www.clubtwins.com/twins-discussion/...gain-t1764.html

Interesting forum. Gardenhire's their goat. Gardy vs. Flip thread is funny.

They've won 3 out of their last 22 post-season games.

That's even worse than our record against Minnesota in the 2nd half this past decade.

What are the odds of losing 12 in a row? One more to go for the Twins to tie the Boston Red Sox record with that loss next year, haha. Not sure if that idea will stick long with the marketing team....well, at least they sent out their season ticket renewal packages and got commitments before this series, just like the White Sox in 2008.

Three sweeps in a row (NYY, NYY, Oakland in 2006).

The only team they've beaten in a series is the Oakland A's, 3-2 way back in 2002.

2-12 versus the Yankees. I think I read that they had the lead in something like 8 of the last 9 playoff games against the Yankees and ended up coughing up all those leads. Normally, you score the first run or lead in a game, you have around a 55-65% chance of winning. Pretty amazing.

It will be also interesting to see if they keep Capps AND how well Nathan comes back next year. Easy to forget about that guy.

Edited by caulfield12

This actually from a yankee fan on one of the twins forums:

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

The Minnesota Twins plan to change the name of their team next season to the Minnesota BOB. BOB stands for BUNCH OF b****ES.

What is up with this site? Comments about faster blacker people? Give me a break!! Is this site supported by a white activist group? Very sad commentary on the person that manages this site. No excuse here.

And several people suggested that the Twins pitchers should brush off or hit a Yankee batter? Now that is a classy strategy. Face it boys – the Twins are a minor league organization.

The ONLY player on the Twins that has a chance of being a Yankee is that catcher of yours. What is his name again?

Have a nice winter ladies. Look out for those moose.

I’m out.

Sincerely,

THE EVIL EMPIRE!!!

Minnesota BOBs? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
But anyway... we could make this an absolutely HILARIOUS thread with quotes from them.

I agree. It gives us a chance to see ourselves in the mirror.

I loved this.

Let's face it the local teams outside of TK and to a lesser extent Bud Grant have never had a good post-season manage or coaches.

The teams that did... moved.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
This actually from a yankee fan on one of the twins forums:

Minnesota BOBs? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I loved the part:The ONLY player on the Twins that has a chance of being a Yankee is that catcher of yours. What is his name again?

I doubt Mauer could handle NY. You might as well ask for a crucifixion if you don't show up for the post season.

Re: Official Game Thread: ALDS Game 3 7:37pm Twins vs Yankee

by TheLeviathan on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:59 pm

USAFChief wrote:

I can think of many managers who wouldn't let his team stand out there and get embarrassed like this without wiping the smirk off at least one hitter's face.

Do you need the link to the WSI forum? You sound like a toothless mullet-farmer.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
I loved the part:The ONLY player on the Twins that has a chance of being a Yankee is that catcher of yours. What is his name again?

I doubt Mauer could handle NY. You might as well ask for a crucifixion if you don't show up for the post season.

Mauer had a very good postseason last year and I can't believe there are people that still believe guys like Mauer don't show up when they don't produce. Its a small sample size, with almost any player if they get enough opportunities their playoff numbers will be similar to their regular season numbers. I'm assuming you were in the ARod isn't clutch camp until he dominated the postseason last year right?

I found this quote from that *other* forum but too funny to leave out.

Nothing could ever lessen my dislike for the Twins, but this series really put it to the test. Thankfully, I will no longer have to:

-Root for the Yankees, which makes me want to take ten showers.

-Be glad when Nick Swisher (who sucked, then sulked, then quit on the Sox) has success, which makes me physically ill.

-Have to be grateful for bad calls by the biggest jag-bag umpire in baseball, Hunter Wendelstedt.

One more reason to dislike the Twins: for forcing me to hate myself for the past four days!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Mauer had a very good postseason last year and I can't believe there are people that still believe guys like Mauer don't show up when they don't produce. Its a small sample size, with almost any player if they get enough opportunities their playoff numbers will be similar to their regular season numbers. I'm assuming you were in the ARod isn't clutch camp until he dominated the postseason last year right?

A-Rod gets a pass because he was considered a shoe in HOF.

People forget that baseball is still a team sport. There's still 8 other guys in the line up that need to produce. There have been mediocre players that have become legends because of the post season. Modern day sports fans and media seem to make seasons less important today. It's worse when it comes to the NFL.

What was so awesome about the post season 2005 White Sox, you pretty much had 25 guys produce. That was one of the best post season teams I've seen in my lifetime. If the Sox win 3 more, I doubt they could top that one.

Maybe the Twins need a hypnotist to convice them those pinstripes are actually White Sox uniforms.

Ouch.

Tony Larussa said that he loves to face managers like Gardenhire who never bunt, hit and run, squeeze or take chances because you know exactly what they are going to do and it makes managing so much easier. I agree with him.

Huh?

Edited by kitekrazy

I've been out of town and not had time to check anywhere so I wonder if the Twins take is they had a great season or if people in Minnietown are furious.

I know the Yankees should beat the Twins but this postseason ineptitude of theirs is embarrassing.

I guess they can mock us and say they own us, but still. Either the Twins are chokers or this truly proves money buys most pennants.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
I think media people got too enamored with the Twins ASB record. Peter Gammons thought this was the Twins year. That kind of intensive play eventually ends. The Yankees are a better team. They got guys who show up for the post season.

Look at the difference between the Twins and Yankees offseason and in-season moves. The yankees make moves to win the World Series, the Twins make moves to get past the White Sox or win the division. Of course the Yanks have way more $$ to spend but in increasing payroll they go out and get free agent prizes Mark Texeria, CC Sabathia, they trade for Curtis Granderson, acquire Kerry Wood, etc. Those are real proven impact players. Look at who the Twins go out and get during their big able to spend year; they get an oft injured journeyman 2B in Orlando Hudson, they trade for a recently demoted to AAA SS named JJ Hardy, they sign Thome and assign him to the bench, they trade for a closer that was released by the freaking Pirates a year ago, and they can wait to sign a washed up $8M reliever the angels couldn't wait to get rid of in Fuentes. DOES ANYONE SEE THE DIFFERENCE OR IS IT JUST ME!!

Heck look at the Phillies back to back years they are in need of a pitcher, as are the Twins. The Phillies trade for Cliff Lee first then acquire Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt the following year. The Twins were in need of a pitcher in 2010 too, they signed Carl Pavano for like $7M. The yankees and now phillies have shown that they get it, a move or a signing isnt worth making unless its a real impact move that has the ability to effect who wins the world series. The Twins seem happy to make "B" moves, win the division, and then get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Is it any wonder why the Yanks won...again. They are above and beyond a much better team than the Twins and pretty much the best team in the AL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
I've been out of town and not had time to check anywhere so I wonder if the Twins take is they had a great season or if people in Minnietown are furious.

I know the Yankees should beat the Twins but this postseason ineptitude of theirs is embarrassing.

I guess they can mock us and say they own us, but still. Either the Twins are chokers or this truly proves money buys most pennants.

Very furious. If they played the other two teams they might still be playing.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
I dont recall them throwing at any Yankee batter-because they'd get one right back . How many Sox batters did they hit this year without payback?

Some guys will get hit because they like being close to the plate. (CQ) It's a part of baseball. When PK got hit in the face, he would probably know a lot better than us if it was intentional since he's 60 feet away. The so called payback the next inning cost the Sox 3 runs. Great, that worked.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
Look at the difference between the Twins and Yankees offseason and in-season moves. The yankees make moves to win the World Series, the Twins make moves to get past the White Sox or win the division. Of course the Yanks have way more $$ to spend but in increasing payroll they go out and get free agent prizes Mark Texeria, CC Sabathia, they trade for Curtis Granderson, acquire Kerry Wood, etc. Those are real proven impact players. Look at who the Twins go out and get during their big able to spend year; they get an oft injured journeyman 2B in Orlando Hudson, they trade for a recently demoted to AAA SS named JJ Hardy, they sign Thome and assign him to the bench, they trade for a closer that was released by the freaking Pirates a year ago, and they can wait to sign a washed up $8M reliever the angels couldn't wait to get rid of in Fuentes. DOES ANYONE SEE THE DIFFERENCE OR IS IT JUST ME!!

Heck look at the Phillies back to back years they are in need of a pitcher, as are the Twins. The Phillies trade for Cliff Lee first then acquire Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt the following year. The Twins were in need of a pitcher in 2010 too, they signed Carl Pavano for like $7M. The yankees and now phillies have shown that they get it, a move or a signing isnt worth making unless its a real impact move that has the ability to effect who wins the world series. The Twins seem happy to make "B" moves, win the division, and then get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Is it any wonder why the Yanks won...again. They are above and beyond a much better team than the Twins and pretty much the best team in the AL.

I thought Kenny was the king of B moves. Kenny could have won some more series with a $200M payroll. I still have to give the Twins credit after losing some good players, they bounce back.

Here's a few... LOL

23 million!!

Get rid of Mauer!! He's the most overrated ballplayers in baseball. He's worth about $6 mill a year tops! A bigger waste of money than Kevin Garnett was. The twins need power and guys that attack the ball at the plate! I've never seen a group of players that take so many waist high-over-the-plate pitches!! Pithing is average at best.

Holy s***... 6 mil a year??

GET RID OF THE MANAGER

NOW,,,,HE IS NOT A PLAYOFF LEADER

posted by whatstheuse on Oct 11, 10 at 3:29 pm |

3 of 7 people liked this comment.

MAUER IS WAY OVER PAID

HE IS NOT THE GREAT LEADER ,AND FOR WHAT THEY PAY HM ,HE IS HORRIBLE,BUT HE IS A GOOD CHOCKER IN THE CLUTCH

posted by whatstheuse on Oct 11, 10 at 3:31 pm |

5 of 5 people liked this comment.

Get Rid Of Guerrier...PLEASE

And Nicky Punto...who might have been even more overpaid than Mauer...if that is even possible.

posted by hockeyfox on Oct 11, 10 at 3:32 pm |

1 of 3 people liked this comment.

I agree with Ballfour

Bring up Revere and say bye bye to Kubal. He just doesn't getit done.

posted by kevinm1 on Oct 11, 10 at 4:01 pm |

Garnett

Didn't the T-Wolves try winning a championship by over paying Garnett and not leaving enough money to pay other players? Sounds like the Twins are going down that same road. Joe may bring in fans but as a singles hitter he's not going to win championships by himself.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Yes it is. Plus fans get caught up in thinking their team is better than it really is.

Did you see the quotes Chet posted?

Those people aren't normal fans, they're probably either 13 year old kids or just uneducated.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
So in otherwords it is pretty universal that fan bases think they have the worst manager in their game.

It's kind of normal. The more you are exposed to a certain person, the more you see in his flaws. It's not like every manager is perfect.