Peavy vows to "listen to my body"

knightni

Is it possible that something else is actually wrong with Peavy, like a shoulder/elbow kind of thing, and to stop irritating that he changed his pitching motion which led to his freak Lat injury? So maybe the real injury is still there?

Something I think about from time to time.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...rticle_15713980

What?

So, he's ignored pain for the sake of his career?

I think this quote actually makes sense with this season...we heard for a couple weeks before the real injury that Peavy was having shoulder tightness and that something felt amiss, but it was just a dead arm and he was going to pitch through it. Instead, his shoulder popped completely off somehow.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
Man I don't have a good feeling at all about Peavy going forward.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Join the club. As soon as he suffered an injury that is rare for pitchers, no matter how well the trainers say he's healing, I started to think that he's never going to be the same pitcher.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
Join the club. As soon as he suffered an injury that is rare for pitchers, no matter how well the trainers say he's healing, I started to think that he's never going to be the same pitcher.

Me three. :( I just don't have a good feeling about him ever being the same, performance-wise, even if he recovers. Hopefully we're all wrong.