Ridiculous ads

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)
The 'Taliban Dan' ad Grayson put out is probably least honost/most hilarious ad i've ever seen. pretty much sets the bar at a whole new level.

Grayson himself is a new low. That guy really takes the cake.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
Grayson himself is a new low. That guy really takes the cake.

I'm not going to defend that Grayson ad, but really...that ad is only a new low once you've decided that every ad a Republican ever ran is automatically ok.

That kind of personal crap has been run for years, and the Right has won race after race using it. The left shouldn't be using it, but neither should the other side. That's the whole point.

Grayson by default gets lumped in as "crazy" along with Michele Bachmann's bats*** ass because of the media's tendency to want to make everything equal on both sides, mostly because of that "the Republican plan is for you to die quickly" quote. He's really not, he just made a conscious decision to not be a typical p**** ass Democrat who is afraid of hurting Republicans' feelings and just says what's on his mind. This is something that Republicans have never had a problem doing in my memory.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
Grayson by default gets lumped in as "crazy" along with Michele Bachmann's bats*** ass because of the media's tendency to want to make everything equal on both sides, mostly because of that "the Republican plan is for you to die quickly" quote. He's really not, he just made a conscious decision to not be a typical p**** ass Democrat who is afraid of hurting Republicans' feelings and just says what's on his mind. This is something that Republicans have never had a problem doing in my memory.

Grayson is one of the most entertaining loons i've ever seen in Washington. dude is a retard, much like Bachmann. funny to watch though

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
I'm not going to defend that Grayson ad, but really...that ad is only a new low once you've decided that every ad a Republican ever ran is automatically ok.

That kind of personal crap has been run for years, and the Right has won race after race using it. The left shouldn't be using it, but neither should the other side. That's the whole point.

that ad took it to all all time high. he, literally, cut and pasted the guys words into something that was exactly the opposite of what he was saying in context.

as far as GOP ads, they are usually bulls*** too. for a political ad connoisseur such as myself, the Grayson ad really is in a class of it's own. i applaud him for being completely bats*** crazy, making no apologies for it, and bringing that madness to the masses. i am a fan in a certain sense (entertainment) , but I do have a lot of reservations about some of the politicos gaining momentum as of late. i don't want f***ing idiots making decisions that effect me. but much of the current set of legislators in DC are crap

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)

I didn't mean that ad per se was the worst, but that he is. While it might be 'refreshing' for him to speak his mind, it sure doesnt' help the general tenor of things around Washington. He called Gibbs Bozo the Clown, wanted to have critics arrested and jailed for 5 years, the 'republicans want you to die quickly' thing you mentioned and even called a female advisor to the Fed a 'K-Street whore' (and not one peep from women's groups about that). And as usual, he projects his actions onto others, claiming what he does is mirroring what Republicans do.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_poli...five-years.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/weekinre...nhorn.html?_r=1

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
I didn't mean that ad per se was the worst, but that he is. While it might be 'refreshing' for him to speak his mind, it sure doesnt' help the general tenor of things around Washington. He called Gibbs Bozo the Clown, wanted to have critics arrested and jailed for 5 years, the 'republicans want you to die quickly' thing you mentioned and even called a female advisor to the Fed a 'K-Street whore' (and not one peep from women's groups about that). And as usual, he projects his actions onto others, claiming what he does is mirroring what Republicans do.

Claiming?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_poli...five-years.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/weekinre...nhorn.html?_r=1

death panels.

Link.

In the bitter U.S. Senate race in Kentucky, a local millionaire has helped launch a barrage of ads attacking the Democratic candidate a candidate who, as the state's attorney general, is prosecuting the businessman's nursing home for allegedly covering up sexual abuse, records show.
Everything that is wrong with the current privately-financed campaign system summed up in 1 paragraph.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
Link.

Everything that is wrong with the current privately-financed campaign system summed up in 1 paragraph.

I agree. if you currently hold one office and want to run for another, I think you should have to resign, since you are not really doing your job very well or to the best of your abilities if you are always out campaigning.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
I agree. if you currently hold one office and want to run for another, I think you should have to resign, since you are not really doing your job very well or to the best of your abilities if you are always out campaigning.

I have no prima face problem with a person campaigning for another job while they still hold the first. A lot of elected positions structure their workloads around campaigns (all of Congress, for example).

The real downside of your plan would be...hypothetically imagine that I'm qualified for a higher position, but I'm currently employed and have a family. I could go for the higher position, but if there's no guarantee I'd win my election and I was forced to resign to run, I'd probably stay gainfully employed. You'd therefore dramatically limit the pool of interested and qualified applicants.

The whole conflict of interest in this case, just like almost every other one, comes from the fundraising.