Midwest Cyclone Tuesday/Wednesday

Steve9347

And up here they are talking about this current storm being worse than the one that took out the Edmund Fitzgerald. Looking at the lake this morning I believe it. Lake Superior doesn't do anything by half.

Not looking forward to driving over the bridges tonight.

Halloween decorations all shot to hell, pumpkins in neighbor's yard, housewrap just gone, 2 ghosts MIA, Jason mask missing from dummy and several shingles torn up one section of my roof. And I didn't think it was that bad. Was worse during the tornado scare a few months back. Not happy.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
Halloween decorations all shot to hell, pumpkins in neighbor's yard, housewrap just gone, 2 ghosts MIA, Jason mask missing from dummy and several shingles torn up one section of my roof. And I didn't think it was that bad. Was worse during the tornado scare a few months back. Not happy.

I decided to be smart and bring in decorations and take down the bball hoop and put the grill against the house.

You know, since we had plenty of fair warning. :ph34r:

I don't know if it's the same system or not, but it feels like we're going to get whalloped here today. We had a powerful line move through yesterday morning, and since then the temperature's been sitting in the low 80's, with 30 mph wind gusts and high humidity.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)

How do you know? Ghosts are invisible. Maybe they never blew away. Or maybe they're having a ghost part right in your front yard...never know.

To find out, all you have to do is to loudly ask them why they are here, and what they want.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
TORNADO WARNING, EVERYBODY OUTSIDE (/inside joke that only one person on Soxtalk will get..)

I get it. Does that make two? We deal with this stuff all the time 'round these parts.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
I don't know if it's the same system or not, but it feels like we're going to get whalloped here today. We had a powerful line move through yesterday morning, and since then the temperature's been sitting in the low 80's, with 30 mph wind gusts and high humidity.

Yeah, it feels like severe weather here too.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
So apparently that knocking at the door at 10am this morning was the R.A. warning us about the tornado in town and maybe being on the 4th floor was not a good idea. We didn't answer the door, oh well, I enjoy my sleep.....

I remember a tornado warning my sophomore year when I was on the 20th floor. That was kind of terrifying.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
I decided to be smart and bring in decorations and take down the bball hoop and put the grill against the house.

You know, since we had plenty of fair warning. :ph34r:

Well, if I took the housewrap down, it would have been ruined and not gone back up, so had to take my chances with that. I had a few other things that were tied down with rope and bungie cords, didn't work so well. And 2 large pumpkins managed to get blown off the porch and rolled almost 2 lawns away!

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
Waterson resident, perhaps? I remember one my freshman year opening night for the White Sox in 2006. Ignored it to watch the game. :headbang

Yes, but Watterson is like a giant concrete building it would take one hell of a tornado to bring it down, if you go into the lounges you don't have to worry about glass from broken windows either. I'm done there though and in my two years there we had a lot of fire alarms, but no tornado warnings.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Yes, but Watterson is like a giant concrete building it would take one hell of a tornado to bring it down, if you go into the lounges you don't have to worry about glass from broken windows either. I'm done there though and in my two years there we had a lot of fire alarms, but no tornado warnings.

Man the fire alarm stuff was going on my second year there. I lived on Randolph and never left. Just shut off the lights and kept quiet. My sister lived there too and was having the same problems though. I don't miss that building at all.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
Man the fire alarm stuff was going on my second year there. I lived on Randolph and never left. Just shut off the lights and kept quiet. My sister lived there too and was having the same problems though. I don't miss that building at all.

Smith then Marshall. I usually just went to the food court if the alarm went off since the alarms were not connected even though it was the same building. One night though last year in like January it was like 10 degrees I was walking back from being out it was like 3 am, and the alarm was going off and of course we couldn't get into the building and there was an actual fire that night so we waited outside for an hour and a half in the freezing cold before they let us in. It was awful.