2010-11 MLB Offseason Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Looks like Jeter's deal is 3/51

easily one of the biggest ESPN created dramas in a long time. This was never really a story IMO, he had to sign with the NYY, nobody would give him anywhere close to that number.

Heyman saying Rangers in on Crawford as well as NYY and LAA

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Anyone know the last time Berkman played the outfield? if ever? I've always known him as strictly a 1b.

He played 27 games in the OF as recently as 2007, and has actually played more games in the OF in the big leagues than at 1b.

SI_JonHeyman: there is optimism the gonzalez trade will happen. but on the of chance it doesn't, #padres will keep him and won't field offers. #redsox

in other words

Jed Hoyer: Yea I am literally admitting that this was just a deal for my buddy Theo

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
SI_JonHeyman: there is optimism the gonzalez trade will happen. but on the of chance it doesn't, #padres will keep him and won't field offers. #redsox

in other words

Jed Hoyer: Yea I am literally admitting that this was just a deal for my buddy Theo

Looks like teams have some concerns about his shoulder and want to see him up-close in ST before committing to a long-term deal. The Red Sox deadline is sometime around noon today.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
Blue Jays are trading Marcum to the Brewers. I think that deal should be a good comparison for what we can expect to receive for Floyd.

Very good trade for the Brew Crew. Marcum is very underrated. If they didn't give up Lawrie, then they are set.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
No idea. Details haven't been released yet. I believe it's 2-3 prospects.

Rumors have Brett Lawrie, Jeremy Jeffress, Mark Rogers, and Jake Odorizzi being tossed around as names.

If the Jays got Lawrie, then that would be a good trade for them. Really, for both sides.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 02:40 AM)
If the Jays got Lawrie, then that would be a good trade for them. Really, for both sides.

The Jays pump out pitching like nobody's business, so to get back Lawrie plus anything else is pretty damn impressive.