2010-11 MLB Offseason Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
I certainly don't miss Rowand and I don't even really hate the Cubs that much but there's something about seeing ARow in a Cubs uni that would irk me a bit.

My stance on the Cubs has changed so dramatically in the last few years. I no longer hate them or fear their success. It's just become pathetic and I can't even take them seriously anymore. I still don't want to ever see them win it all (and it will be a long time from now if it even does happen), but I just pity them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Rotoworld thinks Jenks is a relative bargain compared to the rest of the free agent deals handed out to relievers this offseason.

Perhaps they don't have time to be objective when they are fellating all things Red Sox.

Even in a good season WAR-wise in 2010, he was only worth about $6 million. And those numbers aren't even sustainable considering his FIP was that low because he didn't allow that many home runs. Yet, that was because his FB% was an incredibly low 20.8%.

Bobby's probably going to have a better ERA next year, but his FIP isn't going to be under 3 again.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Magglio would be my first, going by how big he got, the strange injuries, and Ozzie's statments when he left.

Magglio is another definite one. As a matter of fact they both started in the minors and brought it to the Sox.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Matt Lidstrom traded to Colorado. Does not sound like the Rockies gave up much. Would of been nice in our pen unless Houston is still made over that 05 fiasco.

Wow, I've always like Lindstrom. He's got an electric arm, even if he's flawed. I wanna see what the Rockies gave up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Kinda off-topic. But the drunk driver that killed Nick Adenhart and two other people got 51 years to life. Whoa! I had already made a pact with myself never to drink and drive again long before that incident. This just reaffirms that.

And Stallworth got like a month in jail for something similar.

Blows your mind sometimes how some of these athletes get away with things.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Rhodes signs with Texas. Wonder what that contract might look like. Texas has a pretty nice bullpen with O'Day, Olliver, Rhodes, and then Feliz.

I think the Rangers are talking about turning Feliz into a starter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Wasn't the victim jaywalking? And it seems like the family just wanted to cash-in anyway. Pretty sad.

Not sure how much of an impact it was, but the guy who hit Adenhart had past DUI's and was absolutely blitzed where IIRC, Stallworth was pretty much right at the legal limit. Not condoning what happened but they really were two entirely different situations to an extent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
Not sure how much of an impact it was, but the guy who hit Adenhart had passed DUI's and was absolutely blitzed where IIRC, Stallworth was pretty much right at the legal limit. Not condoning what happened but they really were two entirely different situations to an extent.

And he ran a red light crashing into a car killing 3 people, not just one.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
Not sure how much of an impact it was, but the guy who hit Adenhart had passed DUI's and was absolutely blitzed where IIRC, Stallworth was pretty much right at the legal limit. Not condoning what happened but they really were two entirely different situations to an extent.

Ok then. I really don't remember all the details. I just remember reading that him jaywalking was a big reason Stallworth got off. All I know is I ain't EVER drinking and driving again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Ok then. I really don't remember all the details. I just remember reading that him jaywalking was a big reason Stallworth got off. All I know is I ain't EVER drinking and driving again.

Right, I'm assuming it was at night and if someone is jaywalking its hard to see them even sober at times... for him to get similar treatment to the guy from the Adenhart case would be ridiculous.