November LIST ideas?

knightni

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Don't mean to derail, but I thought of something that might make for a good list. How about, films you know are not that good but you love anyway — the Guilty Pleasure Film Thread?

Everyone's complete lists would be really interesting but I don't think you'd have enough movies making more than 1 or 2 lists. I LOVE bad movies but I don't think many if any of my favorites would make any one else's list. Who's ever even heard of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?" and that'd probably be #1 on my list. Otherwise, great idea for it's own thread maybe.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
Everyone's complete lists would be really interesting but I don't think you'd have enough movies making more than 1 or 2 lists. I LOVE bad movies but I don't think many if any of my favorites would make any one else's list. Who's ever even heard of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?" and that'd probably be #1 on my list. Otherwise, great idea for it's own thread maybe.

I have! Even saw it on MST3K many years ago. wonderfully awful film.

You are probably right, it would make a better thread than a list. Two of my favorites are what you might call "flawed gems" rather than out and out so-bad-they-are-good type films. Barry Levinson's Toys is at times visually stunning, and has some of my favorite all-time film lines, but I know I'm firmly in the minority as far as the merits of this film. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is another one I have great affection for despite its obvious flaws.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)

I have heard of that, but I'm not sure why.