Will Konerko be in a White Sox uniform come 2011?

maggsmaggs

Konerko and White Sox 2011  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Konerko be in a White Sox uniform come 2011?

• Yes
    • No

I still see him in a Halo hat...with a DBag hat a close 2nd (they haven't done their typical PR move for a little while and are due to).

Who knows...maybe SF will take a run at him too.

Anybody that has teams that do spring in florida...you should probably cross them off your list.

I don't have the stats to back this up, but the scary thing is Paulie got so many key hits this season. Whether bombs or being one of the few White Sox to drill a single up the middle when we needed it.

We had a streaky (at best) enough offense as it was with him; it is very scary to have him gone and see us try to replace those key hits.

When you have good players like Paulie and they leave ... you have to admit that on paper, it is a hole that easily could turn us from an 88 win team to 75 in a hurry.

Hope KW has a plan. Playing guys like Teahen and Omar a lot more is not a good plan.

The Omar signing is a good start if he's a super sub.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
The D'Backs just declined LaRoche's option. I don't know if that means they will go after Konerko, but LaRoche might be a somewhat cheaper (and younger) option at 1st for the Sox...

Yeah...the thing about the DBags though...I'm not sure they can afford Konerko. Plus...the AL makes more sense seeing how Paulie's 35 years old...so how can an NL justify paying big money to and over 35 year old to be the everyday 1B...with no DH? That's why I keep saying Halos

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Who goes to the bench next year, Abreu or Morales?

I see your point. But I think they'll be definitely moving people this offseason. I just think Arte wants to dip into the FA market this year and Scioscia has always had a fondness for Konerko. They really want to add offense in the offseason from what I've read.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
I see your point. But I think they'll be definitely moving people this offseason. I just think Arte wants to dip into the FA market this year and Scioscia has always had a fondness for Konerko. They really want to add offense in the offseason from what I've read.

Totally agree adding offense seems like the move for them, but 1b/DH just isn't the position. They'd be crazy to trade Morales in order to sign Konerko, and teams aren't going to want $9 million on Abreu as a DH next year (he really doesn't belong in the OF any more) with a $9 million vesting option if he gets about 440 PA's next year.

I think they'll be in the game on Adrian Beltre. Plus, they need bullpen help.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
Totally agree adding offense seems like the move for them, but 1b/DH just isn't the position. They'd be crazy to trade Morales in order to sign Konerko, and teams aren't going to want $9 million on Abreu as a DH next year (he really doesn't belong in the OF any more) with a $9 million vesting option if he gets about 440 PA's next year.

I don't think the halos are sure Morales will be ready by the start of the season. I read somewhere that he hasn't even started any physical therapy on it yet...

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
The D'Backs just declined LaRoche's option. I don't know if that means they will go after Konerko, but LaRoche might be a somewhat cheaper (and younger) option at 1st for the Sox...

For some reason the Sox have passed on LaRoche several times in the past including when he was available last season both as a waiver claim and via trade at the deadline. They just aren't interested.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)

It's also been reported that they are also gonna chase after Crawford this off-season.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
I still see him in a Halo hat...with a DBag hat a close 2nd (they haven't done their typical PR move for a little while and are due to).

Who knows...maybe SF will take a run at him too.

Anybody that has teams that do spring in florida...you should probably cross them off your list.

The Angels are not gonna need a 1B for a while. They have an absolute monster prospect in Mark Trumbo.