America Votes 2010

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
GOP establishment candidate Fiorina lost pretty bad too. A bunch of tea party candidates won. Overall, the tea party helped the GOP in the midterms, that much is obvious. If they don't vote, or vote third party no big swing in seats.

Fiorina made serious headway against a long-term senator in Boxer in a state where democrats have a 13% advantage in registered voters versus republican. California is as blue of a state as it gets.

And well, it could be construed as a microcosym of what happens when you have an entirely blue state (I'm not going to count the governator).

And Fiorina got smeared out of the election. 2 weeks ago she had a chance but Boxer hit her below the belt late.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Fiorina made serious headway against a long-term senator in Boxer in a state where democrats have a 13% advantage in registered voters versus republican. California is as blue of a state as it gets.

And well, it could be construed as a microcosym of what happens when you have an entirely blue state (I'm not going to count the governator).

And she spent like $150 million of her own money to do it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
Why were there so many Dem targets? Why could they pick up so many House seats? Oh, right, because the Dems had such a strong majority.

It was a big night for the GOP, pretty much across the board. There's no doubt about that.

Regression to the mean.

Stats explains the worlds.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)

And Fiorina got smeared out of the election. 2 weeks ago she had a chance but Boxer hit her below the belt late.

Fiorina was terrible candidate. She ran on a business-savvy platform, which is a joke because she was so incompetent as an executive.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
Fiorina was terrible candidate. She ran on a business-savvy platform, which is a joke because she was so incompetent as an executive.

I don't know, Fiorina moved up in ATT, took over Lucent, and did some interesting things at HP. I'd say in general she had a pretty successful life and accomplished a hell of a lot. Was she the best CEO ever, no, but you know what, she did what most of us will never do and did it against more odds as a women (especially in the mid 90's).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
I don't know, Fiorina moved up in ATT, took over Lucent, and did some interesting things at HP. I'd say in general she had a pretty successful life and accomplished a hell of a lot. Was she the best CEO ever, no, but you know what, she did what most of us will never do and did it against more odds as a women (especially in the mid 90's).

You're about the only person I've ever heard describe her tenure at HP as anything other than a debacle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
You're about the only person I've ever heard describe her tenure at HP as anything other than a debacle.

I never said she was a good CEO. I said she did some interesting things, whether they worked or not is a whole other story.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Darrell Issa can't wait.

Frankly, there's probably a need for more oversight. There really ought to be a Congressional investigation into the Obama administration's response to the oil spill, and that's one of the investigations on his list.

The investigations into ACORN and the Black Panther voter intimidation...that's going to be trying on the ol' brain cells.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Nice, comparing a CEO to a serial killer.

Yeah. That's exactly what I did.

How about....Bozo the Clown did some interesting things.

Sorry if my use of your ridiculous talking point went over your head.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah. That's exactly what I did.

How about....Bozo the Clown did some interesting things.

Sorry if my use of your ridiculous talking point went over your head.

Tone it down and keep it civil.

"we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Sure sounds like he was seeking Republican ideas to me. 'Hey, you can come with us, do what we say, but sit down and shut up'

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)

When I was getting my MBA, she was one of the prime examples used of how not to run a large corporation. Seriously, she was considered a prime example.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
When I was getting my MBA, she was one of the prime examples used of how not to run a large corporation. Seriously, she was considered a prime example.

She was perhaps the greatest salesperson CEO in the past twenty or so years. She was able to sell some very savvy individuals on some pretty "interesting" ideas. I believe Jas' comment is more along the lines of being the worst player in the Hall of Fame. Hells bells, she got there, that is pretty damn sweet, and did it with multiple companies.