America Votes 2010

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Reading this just reinforced why I could never vote for a Republican in today's political system. I vote for quite a few Green or Independents when I'm unhappy with a Dem candidate but I can never vote for the Republican agenda:

via

Not even state races, or things that don't quite vote like Sec of State or Attorney General? How closed minded. Even I voted for two people with a D after thier name today. If you straight party ticket the whole ballot, you are just lazy and do a disservice to your right to vote.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Not even state races, or things that don't quite vote like Sec of State or Attorney General? How closed minded. Even I voted for two people with a D after thier name today. If you straight party ticket the whole ballot, you are just lazy and do a disservice to your right to vote.

I generally agree with what you're saying here. I don't have an objection a priori to voting for a Republican for some local or maybe even state-level offices. National is a different story. That said, I didn't vote for any R's today, but I didn't vote all D either.

Silver with a complex, but seemingly useful breakdown of all races, poll closing times and current model projections:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/3225/

edit: just for an update, 538's latest projections give the Dems a 94% chance to hold onto the Senate, but only a 17% chance to retain control of the House.

Edited by StrangeSox

Just so everyone knows, I am working on a Google Docs spreadsheet that I plan to share a link with everyone. It will aggregate some exit poll data to see just how close some of the races are. What races would you all like me to include? I have Brady/Quinn and Kirk/Giannoulias at the moment.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Just so everyone knows, I am working on a Google Docs spreadsheet that I plan to share a link with everyone. It will aggregate some exit poll data to see just how close some of the races are. What races would you all like me to include? I have Brady/Quinn and Kirk/Giannoulias at the moment.

Angle/Reid.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
Looks like cook county is reporting first.

Alexi and Quinn both with 100k leads as of now. I think they both will have to be up at least 250k after 75% of Cook reports if they want to win.

But it appears cook county had a good turn out.

wonder what the suburb turnout will be like.