Offseason gameplan

typewritermender

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
What KW needs to do is FOCUS hard on Adrian Gonzalez right now! If we can get him right away in the offseason- the organization can move on and not take that big of blow losing PK. I am not sure what it would cost to get A Gonz- but the GM has came out and said he will be listening to offers.

With that PK money- you can then sign Damon as your DH for a resonable price (5-6 mill) re-sign AJ and Putz and go out and sign Brandon Inge for 3B. It would be more of a 2005 offseason mind-set with cutting ties to Magglio.

I would love to move Quentin, but i think the organization wants to give him one more chance. Not to mention we will need his power or somebody with power out in RF.

The Padres would be essentially punting 2011 if they were to trade Gonzalez before the season. Not saying they wouldn't do it. But you best believe they'll have to be overwhelmed. We've got flat nothing in the minors right now (I don't count Sale). Any offer from us would have to include Danks+Beckham.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
I don't know how you trade Danks before we really know where Peavy's health is.

I'm looking at it from the Padres' point of view. They KNOW Gonzalez is gone after next year. They're under no pressure whatsoever to deal him unless they're getting premium pieces back. This is flat nothing like the Jake Peavy situation. They were begging teams to take his contract. I can't think of any legitimate offer from us that doesn't include Danks that wouldn't have the Padres front-office bent over from chronic laughter.