Guess the player's destination

macsandz

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Well, according to my offseason plan, Viciedo goes to AAA, Quentin goes to DH. So what we would need to fill would be 1B, RF, and C. And only if Kenny fails to bring in Konerko, Berkman, Lee, or someone else to play 1B, then Viciedo is plugged in, but I want Viciedo at AAA to work on some thing, and playing 1B to learn how to play it.

I can buy that plan...but I don't think I have any urge to see Berkman at 1b full time. I think if we try that, Viciedo's our 1b by May. I'd add the same thing about Derek Lee as well, I think he's probably going to be pretty good defensively there, but I think his bat will continue to disappoint because he's at the "nagging injury" phase of his career.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
So, with the free agent signing period about to begin, it's time to step up and guess where the big names will go. :

Crawford: Angels (6/$130M)

Werth: Red Sox (4/$75M)

Lee: Texas (5/$110M)

Beltre: San Francisco (4/$45M)

Konerko: D-backs (3/$35M)

Dunn: Nats (2/$30M)

Victor Martinez: White Sox (3/$34M)

I still feel a little burned by my NBA Free Agent Thread I predicted for the Bulls this last off-season where I had Bron and Bosh going to the Bulls....but I'll give this a shot anyway.

Crawford: Boston (6-110)

Werth: Detroit (4-60)

Lee: NY Yanks (5-135)

Beltre: Anaheim (3-45)

Konerko: Anaheim (3-36)

Dunn: Chi Sox (4-48)

Victor: Texas (4-50)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Foxsports put together a panel of 5 experts to make predictions for Free Agents, as far as White Sox picks went....

Konerko: 0 of the 5 thought Konerko would return to the Sox.

and

Dunn: 2 of the 5 thought Dunn would come to the Sox. 2 said the Tigers, and 1 said the Cubs.

I understand the sentimental value P-Ko has to Sox fans and rightfully so, but it may not be a bad idea to turn back the clock a bit and bring in a left handed power bat in Dunn.