White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
Dayan has enough trouble tracking flyballs in the infield, he will not be a possibility in the outfield. I don't understand why people see that as an option. 3B, 1B or DH, that's it.

Because he's only 21 and has experienced playing in the OF back in Cuba already maybe?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
I seem to remember you poo pooing the idea as Viciedo as an OF when I brought it up months ago.

I still think he belongs at 1b, but if we're not going to trade him immediately, it makes no sense to keep him at 1b in the minors.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I move for a rule change on this site. I believe the nickname TCQ should be banned entirely.

Unless someone is referring to something from the 2008 season, then I agree that term should never be used.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Bacon

Hotfire is another. Sorry JC. You failed miserably with that one. And I imagine I'm not going to like the mass 'Donkey' references when Adam Dunn pounds a few dozen bombs into orbit. Besides that, we don't have any other nicknames of note. I guess '15-year old looking sissy' with a throwing arm that would make Smallz from the Sandlot point and laugh wouldn't constitute as a legitimate nickname. But there's one I'll NEVER get tired of: BIG HURT!

14 non-roster invites:

Pitchers: Brian Bruney, Jeff Gray, Josh Kinney, Shane Lindsay, Miguel Socolovich, Kyle Bellamy, Brandon Hynick, Charlie Leesman

Catchers: Josh Phegley, Donny Lucy, Jared Price

Outfield: Jordan Danks, Brandon Short

Infielder: Dallas McPherson

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
14 non-roster invites:

Pitchers: Brian Bruney, Jeff Gray, Josh Kinney, Shane Lindsay, Miguel Socolovich, Kyle Bellamy, Brandon Hynick, Charlie Leesman

Catchers: Josh Phegley, Donny Lucy, Jared Price

Outfield: Jordan Danks, Brandon Short

Infielder: Dallas McPherson

Weird, I thought Hynick left. Maybe him and Humber can compete for a long man slot in the pen?

And its interesting to still see Lucy around, and great to see Phegley being at camp. Jared Price though? WTF?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Weird, I thought Hynick left. Maybe him and Humber can compete for a long man slot in the pen?

And its interesting to still see Lucy around, and great to see Phegley being at camp. Jared Price though? WTF?

Just a body to catch. There are 28 pitchers in camp, and they have to get them all into shape, and it will be easier to do so with 6 catchers than 5. It's also never a bad thing to get catchers experience with other pitchers, as it would be a great learning experience for them as well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Just a body to catch. There are 28 pitchers in camp, and they have to get them all into shape, and it will be easier to do so with 6 catchers than 5. It's also never a bad thing to get catchers experience with other pitchers, as it would be a great learning experience for them as well.

What is interesting about it, I think, is that its Price (who has not really been a starter in the systems in recent years) and not Gonzalez, who was in camp last year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
What is interesting about it, I think, is that its Price (who has not really been a starter in the systems in recent years) and not Gonzalez, who was in camp last year.

Yeah surprising to me too. Unless they'd rather just work with Miggy on other stuff in the minor league portion since he's still so young and so far away.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)

Jared knows the pitchers, so he can help.

Good LORD. MLB's top 10 right now - Centerfielders...No Rios. Both Ellsbury and Seizmore made the list over him. Curtis Granderson was #3! Matt Kemp #2... Jeez, MLB Nework doesn't hate the White Sox like ESPN, but that was ridiculous...

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
OzzieGuillen.com is now officially open for business.

Another blurb from Padilla:

ESPNChiSox Doug Padilla

Got the word that Beckham looks outstanding in the cage. Way ahead of where he was last year.

Probably just fluff, but in the off-chance it's not, I'm happy either way.