White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Hypothetical question: Could the White Sox trade AJ right now, or would they have to wait until a certain date since he officially became a free agent?

With multi-year contracts, you generally have to wait until about halfway through the season. Beyond that, AJ's 10 and 5 rights remain intact, so it would have to be with his approval anyways.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
Hypothetical question: Could the White Sox trade AJ right now, or would they have to wait until a certain date since he officially became a free agent?

I believe the team can not trade Free Agents signed to new contracts until June 1, and I'm pretty sure that applies to AJ as well even though he signed with his former team.

Since this is an offseason catch all thread and I fear starting new threads cause people sometimes get mad ...

Can I get a roll call to pat ourselves on the back?

How many of you used this Website regularly all offseason? How many days a week did you check it and did you post much?

Roll call please?

My answer: I checked it every day.

I posted a fair amount.

p.s. Do the mods take into consideration how much a person uses the site year round when making decisions in the heat of the season whether to suspend somebody a couple weeks for mouthing off? Or is everybody considered equal in that regard?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
Since this is an offseason catch all thread and I fear starting new threads cause people sometimes get mad ...

How many of you used this Website regularly all offseason? How many days a week did you check it and did you post much?

Roll call please?

I posted a fair amount.

p.s. Do the mods take into consideration how much a person uses the site year round when making decisions in the heat of the season whether to suspend somebody a couple weeks for mouthing off? Or is everybody considered equal in that regard?

This is the most random post ever. What did you do?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)

Roll call please?

I posted a fair amount.

This and facebook is tabbed all day everyday, refreshed at least once an hour. idk what id do without this website.

I dont post as much as i should.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)

Roll call please?

I posted a fair amount.

I checked the site a few times a day, and posted more than I did during the season. I'm like a baseball addict, and this was my off-season fix. I hope to involve soxtalk a little more in my on-season fix too though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
This is the most random post ever. What did you do?

Nothin. I hesitate to start new threads. People sometimes get mad at me when I do so. But I was curious about soxtalk use in the offseason. Go Sox!

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
And yesterday. There were like 7 posts yesterday. Yankees/Phillies today if you need a quick fix.

Im in the Netherlands through April, so not much in a way of baseball fixes, so when Soxtalk slows down, especially on the weekends, it hurts.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
First intrasquad game is tomorrow. Every started except for AJ will be playing. Milledge will be in LF, and Viciedo will be in RF.

Is it on the radio or tv or web???

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
Is it on the radio or tv or web???

I doubt it's on anything. Game is at 11:30 central time I think, but I doubt there will even be a live boxscore on mlb.com either. Will have to just follow the tweets to find out what happens during the game.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/...squad-game.html

TEAM A

Pierre lf

Ramirez ss

Dunn 1b

Quentin dh

Flowers 2b

McPherson 3b

Lillibridge 2b

De Aza cf

Gartrell rf

TEAM B

Milledge lf

Beckham 2b

Rios dh

Konerko 1b

Viciedo rf

Morel 3b

Phegley c

Danks cf

Escobar ss

Pitchers for intrasquad game are Jeff Marquez, Nate Jones and Brandon Hynick.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24