A's land DeJesus.

Steve9347

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Excellent move for the A's. An already stellar defense gets better. Just don't be like the Mariners and forget scoring runs is a part of winning baseball games.

How good is DeJesus in the field? Last year I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't that good defensively.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
How good is DeJesus in the field? Last year I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't that good defensively.

He's had some very good years, some ok years, and some iffy years, depending on how healthy he is and where he gets moved around to.

In general, if you buy Fangraphs, if you put him at a position and keep him there the whole year, he'll be somewhat above average. That includes CF, although the last time he spent a lot of time in CF was a couple years ago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
He's had some very good years, some ok years, and some iffy years, depending on how healthy he is and where he gets moved around to.

In general, if you buy Fangraphs, if you put him at a position and keep him there the whole year, he'll be somewhat above average. That includes CF, although the last time he spent a lot of time in CF was a couple years ago.

I had kind of forgotten about De Jesus after he broke his thumb last year. If he's good defensively, he would have looked very good in the Sox outfield next year though. He doesn't have a lot of power, but I like his avg. I wonder if KW tried to make a play for him.

KW is probably working behind the scenes trying to acquire Matt Kemp now.