Bush's Book

jasonxctf

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like 2K5, I'm not into reading politicians' memoirs, even the ones I like. However there's a couple of exceptions - Al Franken's books (Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them and The Truth With Jokes) because he's hilarious and he wrote those before he became a senator, and Robert Wexler's Fire Breathing Liberal because it's actually pretty educational, and it's more "what it's like being a Democratic Congressman" than it is a polemic.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
I'm like 2K5, I'm not into reading politicians' memoirs, even the ones I like. However there's a couple of exceptions - Al Franken's books (Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them and The Truth With Jokes) because he's hilarious and he wrote those before he became a senator, and Robert Wexler's Fire Breathing Liberal because it's actually pretty educational, and it's more "what it's like being a Democratic Congressman" than it is a polemic.

You should read Grant's memoir.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 07:51 AM)
How many poeple here will read more of this thread than Dubya's book?

This guy!

I try to read Presidential memoirs or what have you when they come out, but I've never read such a simple book. Seriously, these are the least complex sentences of all-time. If he even had a hand in writing this, it makes me truly sad. It's like a junior high school kid wrote it and used a thesaurus to replace some words.

Also, I could punch him for the Stem Cell chapter and his reasoning behind decisions based on that.