Slight change in road gray unis

PeavyTime

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the grand scheme of things, it's not something to get upset about. But when I hear Boyer spew marketing gobbletygook referring to the Sox as a "brand", I roll my eyes...and he does this in every interview I hear him do.

Ok fine Brooks, if you want to talk about them like that in the conference room, that's your business. In public, the White Sox are a major league team, not a product on a shelf in the grocery store.

I think this uniform change is an example of the Sox over-thinking things. They have a great home uniform, and a great road uniform. I wish they would wear them more often, and bring out the alternate black once a week.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
Jesus. Soxtalk should coordinate some suicide prevention plan in case the team actually attempts a significant uniform change in the future.

This.

I could care less about a minor change that I'm sure none of us will even pay attention to after 3 games into the season. It's not like they're going back to wearing shorts.

I don't like it...but really in the grand scheme of things no biggie. Nobody will probably even notice it after a while or when the game's going on. That being said...as for uni changes...I really wish they'd bring back the sleeveless.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
The Sox grays are my favorite and my guess is they will still be. Just win!!!

Actually I like the road grays and these new ones are ok in my opinion. I like the home whites though too. Black unis are ok, but not my favorite and I think they over did it with their use

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
I'm more interested in the names on the back of the jerseys than what logo they use on the shoulder.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who wishes they would ditch the names on the back of the jersey's all together? I love just seeing the numbers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Speaking of which, am I the only one who wishes they would ditch the names on the back of the jersey's all together? I love just seeing the numbers.

I like the name's if we pick up a new player or have a young guy come up that I haven't seen yet I like knowing who it actually is without memorizing player's numbers.

There's only 1 thing I wish they would've changed with the road grey uniform: change to cursive "Chicago" text on the chest to an old-style "CHICAGO" text in all capital letters like how the New York Yankees has "NEW YORK" and how the Cubs has "CHICAGO" as well.

Cursive text really annoys me and it's the biggest reason why the road grey is my least favorite sox uniform. If it had the capital letters in an old-style format, similar to the Yankees and old Boston jersey, then I'd like it more and it'd be my 2nd-favorite behind the alternate black jersey but ahead of the home white jersey.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)

Strongly disagree - thought I felt like you do until the Dodgers did that for a season and I went the entire season not knowing who was playing where any time I went to the park.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
There's only 1 thing I wish they would've changed with the road grey uniform: change to cursive "Chicago" text on the chest to an old-style "CHICAGO" text in all capital letters like how the New York Yankees has "NEW YORK" and how the Cubs has "CHICAGO" as well.

Cursive text really annoys me and it's the biggest reason why the road grey is my least favorite sox uniform. If it had the capital letters in an old-style format, similar to the Yankees and old Boston jersey, then I'd like it more and it'd be my 2nd-favorite behind the alternate black jersey but ahead of the home white jersey.

I love the cursive text and actually hate old-style things. Different tastes I guess.

Blacks are still my favorite...no changing them.