White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

If we can get Dunn at 3 years $40 million, I'd be pretty happy.

You might not be getting as good of defense at 1B compared to PK, but the offensive production should make up for it. Ideally, I'd like to have both, but I don't think that's a very real scenario at this point.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Eh, he was pretty damn solid after the AS break last season. Add that to his + glove and if you can get him at some sort of a discount, he'd be a very nice signing.

He had a nice 2009 season. He played hurt last year, and should be fairly cheap. He knows the city and Ozzie from the Marlin days. It makes so much sense it probably won't happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
The only thing I've heard is Sox are desperate to try and get Dunn to make a decision before Angels are done chasing Crawford and Soriano. Everything still points to Konerko going elsewhere though.

If you can get Dunn signed, then Konerko becomes an unnecessary luxury for this team. We don't need two veteran 1B/DH types past this season, since Viciedo should ready for a full-time role in 2012.

Even if we could somehow afford both of them, I'd rather spread the money available to Konerko across 1B/DH, C, and RP. I think this team is stronger and deeper with DLee, A.J., and random free agent reliever over Konerko, Flowers, and random White Sox minor league reliever.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
If we can get Dunn at 3 years $40 million, I'd be pretty happy.

You might not be getting as good of defense at 1B compared to PK, but the offensive production should make up for it. Ideally, I'd like to have both, but I don't think that's a very real scenario at this point.

No way Dunn is signing for less than 4 years.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
If Dunn is signed and the Sox go out and grab D.Lee, how many other holes are there? Closer? Another bullpen arm?

Catcher. And some people would say RF as well as Quentin really shouldn't be out there but I'm sure we're going to have to live with him if Dunn/Lee are signed.