White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is this means bye-bye Gavin....

At this point, with no huge holes anywhere around the diamond, I don't even know that you look to add MLB pieces. Pieces that are close to the majors, assuredly, but I think you can probably get away with adding a good starting pitching prospect, a good hitting prospect, and then a throw-in or two.

Or perhaps you do add a major league ready starter. I don't know. I do know that if they kept this team together as currently constructed, the pitching staff and offense would be just fine. I think the main concern at this point is filling out the bullpen.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Am I really the only one who doesn't care for this move? Great, we're building the team to be station to station, hit home runs or get shut out. Haven't we gone through this all before?

You're right, 2010 Ozzie ball and rotating DH was clearly a success.

Am I really the only one who doesn't care for this move? Great, we're building the team to be station to station, hit home runs or get shut out. Haven't we gone through this all before?

The White Sox DH OPS last season was .728. This move improves the team as long as they either re-sign Konerko or replace him with a competent hitter.

So you'd prefer the Tigers signed him and we stood pat with Kotsay as the DH?

Because Ozzie Ball has worked so many wonders.

It's not my favorite signing of all time...I have an irrational hatred for Adam Dunn. But given what our options were, I suppose I understand the move...I just fear what the next shoe to drop will be...

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Man I am in a good mood right now! Sign PK and I will do some f***ing back flips!

I would love if they re-upped with PK, would be awesome, but all they realistically have to do is replace Kotsay and the rotating DH of death with something competent and they're better. If no PK, Pena would be a cheaper option.

If the ideal 25 man roster looks like this and KW can accomplish it, then I'm all in on the Dunn signing. If having Dunn means not having one of the starting pitchers, then it's a wash.

Starters

Pierre- LF

Rios- CF

Q- RF

Dunn-1b/DH

Paulie-1b/DH

Beckham-2b

Alexei- SS

Morel-3b

AJ/Flowers/free agent-C

Bench

Omar

Teahen

Lillibridge

Castro

De Aza/Viciedo

Pitchers

Buehrle

Gavin

Danks

Edwin

Peavy

Sale

Thornton

Linebrink

Pena

Santos

One more stable bullpen arm

The only real question that would remain would be who's going to take on the closer role.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Well, well, well...Pass out for a few hours from some early morning drinking and suddenly we've signed one of the elite power threats in baseball. Nothing to complain about here. Splendid move.

A normal day in the life of a hardcore White Sox fan... :gosoxretro: