White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Cowley says that the rest of the team believes Paulie is coming back and that KW is seeking to rectify last years offensive woes with big bats. "Ozzie Ball has come and gone," says Cowley.

As happy as I am Dunn is in the fold, I'm even happier to read this.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm thrilled about Dunn, comfortable with the starting pitching, but wouldn't go after PK if it will prevent the Sox from doing something about the pen. Pena or DLee?

I think they are trading a starting pitcher.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
I would think one of Buehrle/Peavy/Rios/Jackson HAVE to be traded if the Sox truly intend of bringing Konerko back.

Also, interesting that Dunn's starting point was 4yr/$60, and he took $56. Wonder if he agreed to it so long as they throw that $4M to Paulie.

They gave it to Manny.

Dunn certainly got his big payday with this deal, much better than his last one from the Nats that's for sure.

But we're getting a bonafide LH slugger in his prime, which is what KW has been going after for longer than I can remember.

He'll instantly add a fantasic OBP/SLG to our lineup, and in this ballpark 45-50 HR's in certainly attaianable if all goes well I would have thought.

I found this interesting though;

Interestingly enough, he’s coming off almost the exact same offensive season he had the last time he was a free agent, and is two years older, but he’s getting a deal for double the years and almost triple the money of his last contract.

Looks like the money is certainly being thrown around in Free Agency again by the owners.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Doh! PTBNL then.

No one really likes doing PTBNL with anything except garbage guys unless they absolutely have to, because if you want a top prospect, you don't want him sitting in another team's organization for a few months. If another team wanted Sale right now, they'd have to take him as a PTBNL (starting in a few days), but then he'd have to pitch in the Sox org until June, and he might hurt himself in that time-frame, or the Sox might not put much effort into coaching him.