White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

Not really excited about this... but if Jerry is raising the payroll, then okay it's a good signing at best.

Hes a purely NL hitter with horrible OF defense (granted he just moved to 1B last year) that strikes out ~33% of the time for 14M a year (4 years too O_O)

If this is Kenny's only "big" signing AND hes lets Konerko walk then I am disappoint.

Would rather have Konerko at 28/2 than Dunn at 56/4...

Might as well sign a couple more type As as the 23rd pick is gone.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Not really excited about this... but if Jerry is raising the payroll, then okay it's a good signing at best.

Hes a purely NL hitter with horrible OF defense (granted he just moved to 1B last year) that strikes out ~33% of the time for 14M a year (4 years too O_O)

If this is Kenny's only "big" signing AND hes lets Konerko walk then I am disappoint.

so what?

What the hell is a "purely NL hitter"?

What is a purely NL hitter?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
Score saying KW is putting AJ on hold until PK is sorted out.

Makes sense to me, having PK come back is huge, especially for the reliability he bring to the 1B position. Believe me Alexi, Vizquel, and Beckham want PK at 1B picking their low throws and one hoppers across the infield. If its Dunn or Viciedo is there we have big problems from an infield defense point of view. Still the though of Dunn/Konerko/Rios in the middle of order is very very nice. But something tells me that if Konerko comes back to play here with Dunn, AJ wont really want to be left out of the party. AJ strikes me as a guy where $$ isnt the issue, its the opportunity, the respect, the fun, etc. With Konerko/Dunn on board, AJ will want in.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Just sign DLee and take the 2 comp picks for Pauly. Save the cash and spend it on the swiss cheese pen.

I actually like this idea. The likelihood of Paulie doing what he did last year isn't all that high. The likelihood of a bounce-back by Lee is pretty good.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
I actually like this idea. The likelihood of Paulie doing what he did last year isn't all that high. The likelihood of a bounce-back by Lee is pretty good.

I love Paulie, but I second that. You probably save $8 million taking Lee instead of Paulie + you get two draft picks. That money can go to Putz + another RP and even AJ. I wouldn't be surprised if Lee is better than Paulie next year, too.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
I love Paulie, but I second that. You probably save $8 million taking Lee instead of Paulie + you get two draft picks. That money can go to Putz + another RP and even AJ. I wouldn't be surprised if Lee is better than Paulie next year, too.

This.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Quentin. Dunn would probably hurt himself while costing the team 40 runs. Quentin might only cost you 25-30.

Yeah but Quentin would hurt himself GUARANTEED. Dunn only probably would hurt himself. And then Dunn would end up in RF anyways

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Just sign DLee and take the 2 comp picks for Pauly. Save the cash and spend it on the swiss cheese pen.

I was actually thinking about this for a little while after I finally left my computer a few hrs ago and I honestly completely agree. Lee is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper and he's most likely going to put up similar numbers to Pauly while playing better defense and being a better base runner. Give me DLee.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Actually...as it stands right now, Dunn and Viciedo would be a 1b/DH platoon, which is substantially better than the 1b/DH platoon of Kotsay and Konerko.

Duh dude. Duh. We all know who The Tank is. Seems to me we just replaced Paulie today, but maybe I'm missing some other big news :huh

Should I put that in green?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
If you're going "per game" then I'll say you are pretty close.

I'm guessing that Hawk will call him "Dunny", but it will sound too much like "Dummy" so he'll just call him "Adam" until the fan base calls him "Donkey."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
lol@that ever happening. But I digress. We just signed Adam Dunn. I'm content for now.

I know I know. Maybe KW can convince him. Show him a chart of how much our system currently sucks and how much our drafting philosophy sucks. He must be able to put together a very convincing argument.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Quentin. Dunn would probably hurt himself while costing the team 40 runs. Quentin might only cost you 25-30.

Look at his WAR, I bet you the less defense Dunn is allowed to play the greater is WAR. Dunn could easily be a 6 WAR guy in a DH only role, which is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. The only way Dunn can be bad is if he is allowed to play defense and costs enough runs to negative his .900+ OPS.