White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Huge mistake. Dunn has the look of a bust all over him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him batting horriblly come June/July with little pop and high strikeouts. Rumors of appendix issues, too.

GENIUS.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Wow, going through some of this thread there were more than just a few people who either didn't like the signing or weren't crazy about it. I remember pure jubilation. And lol at the Kotsay or Dunn post.

Lol me and Oney actually broke the good news with Dunn ;>

I can't believe how many people didn't want anything to do with.. Paulie.

Everyone is like D Lee this D Lee that, what's D Lee doing these days?

Huge mistake. Dunn has the look of a bust all over him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him batting horriblly come June/July with little pop and high strikeouts. Rumors of appendix issues, too.

Maggs that is pretty damn impressive. I'm speechless. You should be GM.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Lol me and Oney actually broke the good news with Dunn ;>

I can't believe how many people didn't want anything to do with.. Paulie.

Everyone is like D Lee this D Lee that, what's D Lee doing these days?

It wasn't unreasonable to want DLee at all, and many of those who wanted him (including myself) were worried over the number of years that Paulie would demand and his cost since at the time we didn't know the Sox would be going that high in payroll. Of course, I also stated that signing DLee was contingent on a great physical on his part.

Don't forget, Konerko had to be swayed to stay, DLee at the time was a very reasonable answer without knowing budget and the actual health of the players.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
It wasn't unreasonable to want DLee at all, and many of those who wanted him (including myself) were worried over the number of years that Paulie would demand and his cost since at the time we didn't know the Sox would be going that high in payroll. Of course, I also stated that signing DLee was contingent on a great physical on his part.

Don't forget, Konerko had to be swayed to stay, DLee at the time was a very reasonable answer without knowing budget and the actual health of the players.

I think a lot of people were turning on Paulie because they "didn't think he could match" last year's performance.

Paulie is our best hitter period.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
I think a lot of people were turning on Paulie because they "didn't think he could match" last year's performance.

I wasn't turning on him. But history did suggest a regression was in order. And it'll probably come at some point, be it next year or the year after that. But as for this year? Yeah, Paulie owns the regression police. And it's a shame that such a great year is being wasted because of guys like Dunn, Rios, Pierre and Beckham. If those 4 were producing at an even league-average rate, we'd probably be in first place.

This thread reminds me about how happy I, and most, once were when we signed Dunn. And then we re-signed PK and we were all thinking World Series. This team still has potential. Just gotta piece it together slowly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)

I wanted PK back, but I honestly didn't think he was going to match last year's performance, either. Considering that was the best statistical year of his career, and he'd never done anything like that over the life of his last contract. Color me surprised

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 06:26 AM)
The Rangers and White Sox (some will also argue the Twins, but their underperformance has as much to do with injuries) are the two main enigmas in the AL.

Like usual.

The Rangers had Hamilton and Cruz hurt for at least a month though.