White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
I kinda doubt Oney knows anything since the fallout with the FO last spring, unless Ozzie opened his mouth to him. If Ozzie told him anything, it might really piss off Kenny to the point of him going to JR and asking to fire Ozzie.(not that that would be a bad thing)

I mean if the ink is dry on the contract, it might not make him TOO mad, but if things are still in the works he needs to keep his flapping mouth shut for once.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
all speculation on my part nothing is concrete - Oney Guillen

Kid is something, first says 'Sox signed' then says speculation. LOL.

Yes. His first tweet makes this one make no sense. Now he's covered. If the Sox don't sign Dunn he says he was just speculating. If the do, he was the one who first reported it. What a genius. Oney Guillen is a fool.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Yes. His first tweet makes this one make no sense. Now he's covered. If the Sox don't sign Dunn he says he was just speculating. If the do, he was the one who first reported it. What a genius. Oney Guillen is a fool.

Now if you replace Oney with soxnet a certain ST reporter would be in angry tweet mode giving everyone their lesson in how journalism works. But because its his buddy, then all is grand in the world.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Things are picking up folks.

she covers the A's for SanFran Chronicle

At this point, it's probably just a self-sustaining rumor. Oney read one of the earlier tweets saying Dunn had the interest of the Sox, posted that it was nearly finished, then this person posts based on that...etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I wouldnt discount his information that quickly because he's a douche. There are leaks all over the org, and I like it that way.

I totally agree, I put a lot more stock into this than if the beat writers said something similar.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
At this point, it's probably just a self-sustaining rumor. Oney read one of the earlier tweets saying Dunn had the interest of the Sox, posted that it was nearly finished, then this person posts based on that...etc.

That's assuming he can read.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
I wouldnt discount his information that quickly because he's a douche. There are leaks all over the org, and I like it that way.

Leaks can be very good. They leak a lot of stuff on purpose. There is no doubt KW was leaking a bunch of BS earlier this offseason so the reporters would be nowhere near what he was trying to do. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt when people are talking about possible acquisitions and talking White Sox baseball 4 months before opening day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)

His two tweets are quite contradictory, so there might actually be something to his first one. I doubt he knows a signing has occurred, but he may have heard some valid info from someone. His second tweet covers his ass.